New here!!! I had some questions...

Hi Guys,

I am new here and I am new to Envato Market and ThemeForest. I am a Treehouse Alumni and I have a Techdegree in Front End Web Development. I had a few questions about how I should get started.

1. Where should I start and what type of templates are the most popular?
  2. Can I keep public repo’s of my code or even private?
  3. I am really trying to make this a permanent gig of mine and make it one my main sources of income. Any pointers?
  4. Here is a link to my current portfolio, where do you think my skill level is? Any pointers?

Thanks,

Shoaib Kamal Khan

1 Like
  1. There no one answer here but WP themes probably sell the most or else HTML templates

2. Private yes, public probably no

3. You need to be very realistic about this - it is going to take a very long time and investment in development and marketing to al significant earnings from here.

4. With respect these are quite basic designs and not especially unique or featuring premium functionality. If you want to compete here then you need to consider how to evolve the products. As examples (consider the options, quality, etc)

WP theme: Impeka - Creative Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme by greatives | ThemeForest

HTML template: Canvas | The Multi-Purpose HTML5 Template by SemiColonWeb | ThemeForest

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I really like the examples that you have given, these are very nice templates!!! So, where do I learn more about how to create WP templates? Is there a certain protocol to follow? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Shoaib Kamal Khan

There are requirrements for themes here, or else template kits are becoming very popular.

1 Like

I hope you’re well? I am from Bangladesh. I have been in this market place for a long time now I don’t have any products but keep trying hopefully I can. But having done a lot of study on market standards, Now I am confident. I’ve seen your profile. I saw you at your skill level pretty strong so I hope you do well here.

But it’s true it is going to take a very long time and investment in development and marketing to al significant earnings from here.

Thanks
sbit_theme

2 Likes

Thanks! @charlie4282. I will look at these requirements and kits and get started! :grinning: :+1:

Thanks a lot for looking at my portfolio, the feedback and the advice! @sbit_theme :grinning: :+1:

1 Like