My Very First Rejection! How Do I Get to Acceptance?

I recently submitted my first track to AudioJungle, and received a hard rejection.

Here is the track:
Cruisin’ Along

Here is the verbiage from the rejection. I’m not sure if any of it is specific commentary regarding my track, or if it is essentially a form letter. It seems many others have received similar–and perhaps even identical–rejections.

Any insight or critique is welcome.

"Unfortunately, this file doesn’t meet AudioJungle’s commercial quality guidelines overall, and can’t be approved.

Audio must be fully composed, arranged, mixed and/or mastered to a commercial standard, and have reasonable potential utility to our commercial buyers.

Please consider viewing our Top Sellers page to get a good sense of the commercial quality of popular files:

If you wish to resubmit more content, please review the engineering and composition and make improvements to a commercial standard before attempting to upload again.

To understand commercial stock composition, arrangement and production better, please read the following article http://enva.to/6D-sd

Thank you for taking the time to submit content to AudioJungle."

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi! Two things: Mixing wise your drums are too loud, and the parallel compression makes them take over the other instruments too much. Also, the rythm guitars are somewhat weak (maybe some chords that are not stacatto?) and the guitar solo feels a bit disorientated, like the melody could be more interesting. Composition wise, I totally suggest you search for rock songs in Audiojungle and sort them by best-seller or trending, so you get the feeling of what kind of music and production standards the site requires. This could be an example: https://audiojungle.net/item/classic-rock/23214889

Cheers!

URL is broken

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. I appreciate it. I hope someday to be able to pay the favor forward.

I listened to several of the trending rock tracks, and the one thing that jumped out at me was how dark my track sounded in comparison to those. I was a heavy handed with the EQ.

I have a question about your comments about melody, though, and I hope you can spare a minute or two more to answer.

Here’s the question: What constitutes melody in the stock music world? A lot of the rock tracks I’ve listened to seem to have nothing at all that would constitute a traditional melody.

It all depends upon if the melody enriches the song of if it is distracting. Much of the music in Audiojungle is meant to be used as background for advertisement, and many of the songs will be used with voiceovers on top, like “Save 50% on whatever whatever” type of thing. So melody hooks tend to be favored over complex melodic lines, with the possible exception of mediterranean guitar music, jazz music or the like. A very complex melody would sway the attention away from the voiceover.