Music track rejected - please help & opinion

Hello everyone!
Please help! My first track on Audiojungle was rejected. I hope there’s something useful I can learn from that. If you have the will and the time, please direct me - where I made the mistakes.
I wasn’t personally affected by the fact that my track was rejected, because I’m aware that I’m making mistakes in production, and probably elsewhere. I ask your esteemed opinion and advice.
Thank you very much, very much!

HI There, welcome to the forum!
What a funky tune, I can tell you worked hard on this one.
It starts off great but as soon as the horns and vocal come in the mix is very inconsistent. I’m a trumpet player and i’m not sure what reverb you’ve used but it doesn’t fit the rest of the track. I think musically there is a little too much going on and I think the commercial angle is lacking from this track for the likes of AudioJungle.
I would certainly listen to other songs on Audiojungle in this genre and copy their mix and maybe simplify it musically.
Good luck
G

Thank you very much for the concrete and useful comment! It seems to me, too, that at some point there’s a huge crowd in the mix… I should have reduced the arrangement… next to everything else, as you say. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like