Music License Confusion

I am looking to purchase a song from audiojungle to use in a video game. See below:

At this point in time I have no idea how many copies of the video game will be sold.
(It could literally be anything from 1 copy, 10 copies, 100 copies or even a million!).

The Music Standard License for this track states:
Use in one end product, free or commercial. Most web uses. 10,000 copy limit for a downloaded or physical end product. No broadcast use. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.

Am I right to assume that I can buy this song on a standard license, and then if the game turns out to be successful later (ie. has more than 10,000 downloads) I would then upgrade my license at that time?

Obviously as I have no idea at this stage what the outcome of this game will be, I dont want to fork out for an expensive license and then find I’ve only sold 10 copies of the game?

I just want to be clear, before making this purchase,

Thanks,

Jon

Hello Jon,

Yes, indeed, you should contact support to upgrade your license, should you sell more than 10 000 copies. But you should do it as soon as possible, as the standard license would become void past this number.

Hope it helps!

That is exactly how it works. Buy a small license for launch and then add to it as the downloads increase. Try to stay ahead of downloads with your projections and I am quite sure the rights owners will love you.

Thank you both for the quick feedback, much appreciated! Thanks for clearing that up for me!