Music in podcast series

Hi,

I have questions, how can I use your music in my podcast series.
I have read some information here:

But still there are some points that I need to explain.

In my case, I want to record:

Option 1.

a) One intro with your music and my voice recorded overtop of it (there will be the same intro version in each podcast episode);

b) One ending with your music (the same track as in the intro) and my voice recorded overtop of it (there will be the same ending version in each podcast episode),

c) use a cut off music piece (the same track as in the intro) as a break between the main spoken parts (the same piece in each podcast episode).

Option 2.

a) One intro with your music and my voice recorded overtop of it (there will be the same intro version in each podcast episode),

b) One ending with your music (the same track as in the intro) and my voice recorded overtop of it (there will be the same ending version in each podcast episode).

Finally I want to publish each podcast episode on youtube, spotify and maybe soundcloud or my website.

My questions:

1. How many licences I need to buy in Option 1 and Option 2?
  2. What kind of licence I need to buy in Option 1 and Option 2?

Thanks

Maq

Hi,
There are two options available for you. The most cost effective depends on whether you intend to make any changes to the intro/outro/intermission in the coming years.

The first option is to buy three licences (one for each of the above) and that’s all you’ll need. But if further down the line, you need to make a change to any of those (like a new voiceover) then you’ll need a new licence for any updated versions.

The second option is to buy one licence for the series which will last for a year (or 52 episodes, whichever comes first), at which point you will need to buy one new licence every year. With this option, the one licence covers you to use the music anywhere and as often you like within that one podcast series.

Please contact Envato support to find out which type of licence you need to buy. According to a customer in this thread, if the podcast is going on Spotify, broadcast licences are required, although in my opinion, it’s not clear why, and to my knowledge, Envato haven’t mentioned in the licence wording which one they expect you to purchase.

You can open a support ticket here:

If you do find out, please do let us know what they say. It would be good to know.

Hi,

thanks for your response. All clear for now.
I will ask Envato Support and let you know about the answer.

Cheers.

M.