Mockups Rejected

Hi, I’m new to Graphicriver and my bundle of five mockups were rejected due to quality standard and I won’t be able to re-submit again. Any advice on what I can do better if I decide to upload a different mockup?

1 Like

They all look pretty grainy, and even some that look like they might be slightly out of focus. The floating versions shadow looks pretty fake compared to the others, which I’m guessing is because it’s the only fake shadow.

Can the jars be isolated from the background? How easy is it to put in my own design? I would show a few different label design examples, as well as some different backgrounds, to show how customizable it is.

1 Like

Since the jars are not 3D vectors and are real photos, no the jars would not be able to be isolate from the background, however the background can change colors and putting another label on there just requires double clicking on the smart object and putting your own on there. The idea of putting more label designs as examples is a good idea and I will reconsider more customizable features.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

My intention was to make more realistic mockups, but do people prefer vectors better? I’ve seen some other authors have realistic mockups on here and got inspired to have mockups look more real

1 Like

Realistic is good, and in my opinion it’s also better, though you can still isolate it from the background. This one for example, you can cut out the jar with selections/mask, put it on a separate layer, fill in the empty space on the background with Content Aware Fill, then use some light masking with a brush on the transparent parts of the jar to allow the background to show through it while keeping the details intact.

Personally I would never buy a mockup that didn’t have the background separate from the object, since it otherwise really limits what you can do with it.

Overall I think what you have looks nice at a glance, but you need a much wider aperture, so you can get the entire object tack sharp. Also, with the amount of noise in the photos, I’m guessing you used too high of an ISO because there wasn’t enough light in the scene. Are you using a lightbox for these? Try getting the lights as bright as they can, then drop your ISO down to 100, back the camera up a bit, set the aperture to around f/8 or even f/12 and see how that works.If you keep the ISO as low as possible, and the aperture at around those numbers with the camera backed up enough to get the whole object in focus, then you should be able to get some really sharp and noiseless photos.

1 Like

Yes, I am using a lightbox, but the ISO was indeed too high so I’ll have to lower it. I will definitely have to try out that technique with the camera.

1 Like

Huge respect for your humble and valuable teaching !

You need more reflections. Now your jar is dull. In this case a 3D model helps more then a real photo. In advertising industry all cosmetic products are 3D models.