I’ve been battling with an issue as a freelancer. Do I buy and manage themes or should my client?
Designer Buys Theme & Plugins
Add cost of theme to quote for client and manage theme yourself.
- Direct Access to Support
- Direct Access to Downloading Theme/Plugins
- Have to remind client to renew theme/plugins
- Difficult to manage who owns what theme / plugin in envato download user interface
- Can’t transfer license to client
- Client can’t get support on theme / plugins
Client Buys Theme & Plugins
Client creates account and manages account on their own.
- Client has access to support
- Client gets reminders on when they need to renew their theme / plugins
- Only clients credit card is on the account
- Setting this up with client is burdensome
- Asking client to create support account with theme / plugin is a burden
- Having to ask for passwords if client resets password on account
- All support emails are sent to client, which I then have to remind them to send to me
How do you guys manage buying Wordpress themes and plugins for your clients?