looking for a refund

I’m having a horrible experience with a product/theme I purchased. The developper does not provided support and yet bought a 6 months support. He asked to repurchase the product from his site in order to get the support. Was wondering how I return the product. Thank you in advanced!

Hi,

If you are eligible to get a refund then you can request for a refund. Can I Get A Refund is an explanation of the refund policy.

Thanks

I’m having a problem with item support

1.Item has a security vulnerability
The project’s documentation has security risks and security holes that the author does not fix to deal with them

codecanyon-SphEkcYa-openai-davinci-ai-writing-assistant-and-content-creator-as-saas\Curl.php,
This file has serious security issues, and using it would compromise my security losses

2.not as described

The project according to the project’s installation documentation requirements, enter the contents of my licence file, the idea of the code can not be installed successfully, there is an error reporting problems, the author does not respond to deal with

It has been more than 2 days, the author still does not reply to solve my problem, I am now going to apply for a refund immediately, do not want to use such a bad service experience, less than a week after the purchase of such a bug problem, the first time the technical support are dealing with such a slow attitude!

Already submitted a work order in the author’s support centre, it hasn’t been dealt with, doesn’t reply to my messages, doesn’t deal with the problem, and I’ve been purchasing for less than a week

Request sent
May 13, 2024 (1 day ago)
Main refund reason
I’m having a problem with item support
Has the item been downloaded?
Yes
Has the purchase code been downloaded?
Yes
Effective support dates for purchase
May 11, 2024 — November 10, 2024
Purchase date
May 11, 2024 (3 days ago)
Purchase code
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Refund request ID
29c8636f-19ea-420c-ba41-c3ba105963f1
Price HelpThe price includes sales taxes made with the purchase. It does not include handling fees.
$39

Hi @zhenxingdev,

If the author does not respond to the refund request within 7 days, you will be given an option to raise a dispute with Envato. This option should appear automatically as a link or button on the refund request details page after 7 days from the refund requested date.

Thanks