Long time no reply to my communications.

Hi,
I have 10+ years of experience in Web Development and this is the first time I face this situation.

I ordered a theme called (Alone – Charity Multipurpose Non-profit WordPress Theme
)and it turn out later that it was not as described.
It was a total mess
For example.

In any decent theme…simply go to import the demo section and chose the demo that you like and import it.
That’s it.

But for the theme, I ordered it just import all demos at once and create for example
home-demo1
home-demo2
like 15 home pages and I need to fix that manually

Another example of how much the theme is a mess!!!

If I go to appearance → Menus
It shows menus from all demos and I had to delete unnecessary menus manually again.

I contacted the author and kindly requested a refund as I really can’t use this theme
not now not later for any project

They were very rude and pushing and asking for Admin Password and offering to fix things
I don’t want to share Admin PWD but they keep asking for it.

After I created a dispute at ThemeForest; the next day the theme author deleted my account from their Ticketing Support System.

Many notes I need your help with guys:

1. Why ThemeForest didn’t send me a dispute reference to my email?
  2. Why when I contacted them a week ago twice; they didn’t send me a notification email with the ticket number?
  3. How to solve this and get refunded as the item was not as described and I was misled by the author’s beautiful website and demo list in it.

The theme has very low buying numbers and I just had a good faith on the author; readinig his comment in the comment section; that if the theme dson’t fit the design; they will offer refund.

I screenshot of this comment.

note: After facing them with their own comment; they just deleted it.

As I have a deadline for my client project I was forced to order another theme because I can’t afford the deadline delay.

Please advise what is the best way to get a refund.

PS. I attached to my dispute a Video Screen Capture explaining the whole thing.

Appreciate your reading this thread.
Thank you
Regards

Hello! Did you contact Envato support regarding this? If the author declines the refund you have the option to raise a dispute with the help team from Envato and accept that any decision they take is final.

You can check more about this here.

1 Like

I requested a refund through the dispute form.
But evanto didn’t send to my email any reference number or contacted me!
It’s been a month so far.