item rejected, please tell me why....

i will take the time to get more knowledgeable…i haven’t got studio monitors, i realize that they are needed though…as yo can tell i am really not that good at mixing yet… I will redo that whole thing with new guitar tones, as well…

FireLast - just a quick question, to clarify: Does “dead & no go sound” mean its a shitty sound or just an out do date sound?? I did go for that sound on purpose back then (haha, not sure if should say that aloud now…;)…)

Sorry to say that, but i guess both things is important. Out of date sound if you are using old cheap effects, or old guitar plug-ins, or old recording devices that bring you a lot of unwanted noise. I have no idea what gear you are using, but it sound no good. Well if you want an advanced answer just tell me what is it. What is your daw, what effects you are using, are they hardware ones, your soundcard or whatever you are using for recording. Because there is seems to be a big hole in some of this. I can just give a quick advise where to look, as WSO-MusicForMedia nicely said that you definitely need a fine studio monitors.

I used a kemper amp…the Main guitar sound is a mesa boogie profile, the other (appearing where I cut out the drums, and probably the one that irks you most) is a Rockman amp. No effects used, apart from maybe a Turned down phase 90 on one of the quieter guitar tracks… DAW is garage band…

Kemper amp seems to be nice stuff, not sure about Rockman never used one. Well i’ll just point you some ways and you need to find them at your own anyway. Get rid of garage band, get a logic or similar cool and wide used daw. Check which of your amps brings less noise, if you used no other effects than phase try to make it as clean amplification as you can (listen to some top sales guitar tracks that the sound you need to aim for, prob you can’t make it exact but atleast close is good enough), make your amp sound clean with a bit of that “amp” sound (if you you’ll fail to make them sound commercial enough just record it clean and then use logic plugins), after all that put some build-in effect from logic, like reverb, delay etc. Also learn some of that mastering plugins, like ozone by izotope or similar. Spend some time to learn them, they are not that hard, but benefits is amazing. You will see how your sound will dramatically change.

1 Like

thank you ! your input is much appreciated!! I will give it a try!! Have a great new year!!

1 Like