Introducing your new Envato Author Dashboard!

I didn’t receive the email:(

2 Likes

Me too!! :joy:

If being serious, I would love to see a feature added where all the projects that come in different software versions, would have a software tag - like After Effects (AE), Final Cut Pro (FCPx), Premiere Pro (PR), Davinci Resolve (DR) etc.

Something like this:

Cause when you release the same project for 4 different software’s, it becomes very difficult to distinguish which is which on Elements dashboard - especially when all the different versions have the same project name.

Then you need to manually click on each project to see which version is performing better… And I find this quite inconvenient.

8 Likes

The name in the dashboard is not a clickable link that brings you to the item, so you will never find out what version earned what :slight_smile: That is why I started to name my items differently for each version.

3 Likes

Oh right… they removed it now. Well, that makes things even more difficult :smiley: At least the links worked in the previous beta version :dizzy:

This new dashboard is really cool, but why do I have to visit 3 pages to get all info available? Why not put everything into this new dashboard?

• The beta dashboard shows me the top 25 trending items, most licensed items, most viewed items. As well as the top search terms and Content Bonus eligibility.
  • The new Author Dashboard shows me up to 100 best earners for the last 7 days, month, year
  • The Earnings report show me all my item earnings, but with more delay and only accumulated in a monthly view.

You essentially spread out all valuable information over 3 websites. I’d wish that we get all info in one. But if that is not possible, I hope we can at least still access the beta dashboard and the earnings report a the same time.

Also, I don’t know how other authors prefer it, but I sum my Elements and Market earnings based on the month they get paid out. So March Report on Elements gets paid out with April Earnings, so my earnings for that month are both earnings combined, as much as I am concerned.

I think it is highly unintuitive to add the earnings like you do now.

5 Likes

That’s great! Can’t wait to check out everything myself :+1:

1 Like

I can’t say the new dashboard is cool because still I can’t see it :confused:

Some of em get, most of us, not. Why?

It could be amazing! I was very interested in your topic! I am looking forward to this new panel! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

:arrow_up:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

We’re adding the dashboard to new accounts each day, so we don’t crash the server that runs these reports :slight_smile: All Elements Authors should have access by next Thursday, but we’re being cautious as we haven’t had this many people viewing the earnings and item analytics at once.

Excellent question. The features in the Beta Dashboard will be migrating over to the new Envato Author dashboard - I’ll add that to the “Coming Soon” list in the first post. Our goal is to simplify these resources and bring everything together - so we are planning to bring these resources together over time to simplify things for you.

Until that’s possible, you will still have access to the Beta Dashboard and Earnings Report. We have a team busily working on bringing new and existing reports into one place - so the new dashboard will continue changing over the next few months.

Good feedback - I’ll make sure the team is aware of it.

The item names should be links - our team is currently investigating why they aren’t clickable. I’ll update this thread when we have more details on when this will be fixed.

Lots of good feedback on distinguishing similar items in the Top Earning Items list from @_Tempus, @Atamotion, @sergeyskleznev and others (software types, marketplaces, item categories etc). I’ll pass this on to our UX team.

Please keep the feedback coming! We’ll be adding another batch of ~500 authors later today :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks! We would love to give feedback, if someone is listening :smiley: I mean, honestly, authors use this every day and really know best what’s needed, I would really take this more slowly until authors give some feedback/ideas so we could maybe make this together and it’s best for everyone…

1 Like

Great, that’s how you make your authors happy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello ,
Wow that is great , I’m excited and wait the update.‬

1 Like

I just received the invite to new Dashboard and it looks more than great, and gives valuable information that helps decision making.
I wanted to do the survey, but the button no longer appears when I log back in.
Thanks Ben and Envato team.

1 Like

@BenLeong

my numbers for April 2020 are way off, it shows me at 8th of April 2020 earnings of 5-6x what it should be. The monthly amount shown in the new dashboard is 40% higher than in the earnings report.

I don’t know if there was any bonus payment that only the new dashboard aknowledges, but I took a look at my payouts and it seems that the new dashboard is wrong here.

You may want to investigate that.

Update: I’m talking about Elements earnings. March does look off, too. February 2020 is correct again.

Thanks @Creattive - our team has just looked into that. By default, the data on this dashboard includes Market and Elements item earnings and the content bonus. If you uncheck the Market option, the amount should be correct (note that it will show the total before tax).

If anyone else spots a similar issue, please let us know in this thread.

@Sargatal Glad you like it! We can send a new survey invitation to you :slight_smile:

Hi Ben, no that is not the problem. The amount only shown for Elements is not correct. It is far off and there is a big discrepancy on APril 8th,2020, on both my accounts.

Look Awesome!!!

let us know if you are going to make that amount at the end of the month! You have just broken the matrix😂

1 Like

@Rickyloca 2020 my friend, not 2021 :wink:

@devotchkah Ben told me they are currrently investigating the problem. There is some error in March and April 2020 in the new dashboard.

1 Like