How to transfer a theme's property

Hi, I bought a theme for a client but by my mistake I did it using my own envato account. I want to give my client the theme’s property so that he can download and run the updates in the future.
How can I transfer it? Its the theme “The Gem”
Thanks in advance for your help

It’s not possible

You can transfer the license to use the item but updates etc will only ever be available via your account.

1 Like

Hi

Generally, your license is not transferable. There are a few exceptions, more details in the following link:
Is my license transferable?

Please be noted Item Author support, download update from the account download tab only for the original purchaser account.

If you would like you can open a Help Ticket to get an official answer.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much for your help!.

I see my case is conceived in the first point:
¨1. If you are a freelancer / agency using the item for a single end product for one client. The license would in effect be transferred to the client.¨

Nevertheless, I would like to confirm the following;

1- I will create the website in a temporary domain and later I´ll transfer it to the client´s domain, can I do this without any problem with the license? I just need to move the website to the new domain and delete it on the temporary server?

2- How can I do what is explained in themeforest´ website?: ¨In all of these cases, be sure to point the client / customer / recipient to the license terms and delete the item from your own systems.¨ How can I point the client to the license terms? what it means to delete the item from my own systems? I have just to delete the website or I need to do something in my envato account?

Thank you pretty much in advance for your help.
Regards

Hi

Please be noted you can transfer the license to your client but in future update and Author support only wil be for the main purchaser account in this case your account nt your client.

1 & 2. if you register the theme in your temporary domain then you have to deregister the license first from temporary domain then you have to transfer client’s domain and have to register again.

If you need support about this transfer license from temporary domain to client’s domain then you can contact your purchased theme Author. They will assist you because license activation maintained by item Author own database systems.

Thanks

1 Like