How to increase my sales?

I have my last sales at 31 december, and since then i have 5 items approved, but no sales after that until now, what I supposed to do? Just curious

3 Likes

I’m new here but from what I’ve seen/read on the forum sales seem to be low for a lot of people right now. My first sound has been approved for a week with no sales so far but we’ll see as more get approved. I think the best thing to do is just keep posting and hope this passes. Maybe it has something to do with the Envato office being closed over the holidays? I believe it reopened yesterday so maybe that means things will improve.

3 Likes

yes, i think its not only on AJ, i think other marketplace also same. Im not sure if the pandemic caused this. But yes, i still keep producing and hope someday my hardwork will be paid :grinning:

1 Like

This is the new normality. Before the pandemic authors were talking almost the same thing about sales.

4 Likes

I’ve had tracks approved that haven’t sold at all for three months and then all of a sudden starting picking up regular sales. Some tracks sell with in days of approval but it’s just down to luck it seems.

3 Likes

It’s the new normality when you make music, but people need it less, because they travel less and shoot videos less than before the pandemia. To increase the sales need to sale not only at AJ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So does it have to do with the month January? Are sales always low in this month? Was this the case before pandemic too?

1 Like

Not only with january, search for old post in 2019, authors talk about the low sales.
Christmas is not good for sales as summer usually but now add a LOT of new authors, 5 $ dollars tracks, Elements,etc, etc…

This year, the pandemic, but this wont be forever (we hope), so it doesnt really count for me in the equation.

4 Likes

yes, just keep productive, maybe after the pandemic pass, the sales will be better

1 Like

I have watched profiles of other authors who’s have more than 3k sales. Many of their tracks have 0 sales, very often about 3-5 sales of track. So it is normal when your compositions don’t have a sales. Depends how big is your portfolio and how regularly you upload new items.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, but I feel its important to have at least a few sales for every track, I mean we aren’t making tracks to just sit on the market, at least a track should be able to cover its cost. Even I have a lot of tracks now with 0 sales and its frustrating, so now I am trying my best to focus really hard on what will sell on AudioJungle and only release that kind of music (whatever I can make best in my comfort zone as quality is the priority).

5 Likes

January and the summer months are the worst ones. To make more sales, make more music and make better music. Also adding videos to youtube might help, and to lesser extent twitter, Facebook, reddit promotion etc,
The more links there are in the internet to your songs, the better visibility you have for customers

1 Like

Out of curiosity has anyone collected any data on this? For those of you who have YouTube channels, did your sales go up after you started your channel?

I’ve been considering whether or not to start a channel myself, but not sure it’s worth the effort. Do people actually search for stock music on YouTube?

1 Like

hi “it’s not difficult” just try to provide as high a quality of work and as original items as possible, work a lot and upload as often as possible, advertise everywhere u can possibly do and try to hit a niche. Now let’s face it, this was before covid started, even though u do all this right now, nothing so sure …

1 Like
  1. Do something different from everyone else
  2. Do something that is really high quality
  3. Do something that is really commercially viable
  4. Promote yourself externally sure, link back to your item page, but that is no guarantee
  5. Prepare for disappointment if that “hit” does not happen

Well, I don’t have analytics on since I’m not an exclusive author on AJ, but I did land a custom composing job two weeks ago because I had a video with one AJ song on my youtube channel, so it does matter getting exposure and more backlinks (which I think are quite important)

1 Like

Ah, interesting… congrats on the composing job!

1 Like