Gutenberg exclusive theme (no page builder)

Are there any themes which use Gutenberg exclusively? It’s difficult (nearly impossible thus far) to find any. So many of the themes which say use Gutenberg are merely just “compatible”, but dont really use blocks at all…they use page builders. I saw someone else ask for a way to search for NON page builder themes, but I’m not certain when this will occur. At this point, I’m left with actually downloading, installing and digging into a theme to determine how/what it’s actually built with. Thats painful.

If anyone can suggest a Gutenberg exclusive theme or themes…I’d appreciate it.

• troy

You can check my portfolio. In my portfolio only 2 themes are created with Elementor page builder (Meelo and Cardea) - other 8 are without page builder - they are created on “old way” - using shortcodes, custom meta fields and page templates.

And yes, there is no easy way to find themes like this.

All of my WordPress themes are fully Gutenberg compatible and their demo pages were created using the Gutenberg, so it is definitely not just some sort of marketing claim. They do support the Elementor and WPBakery Page Builder as well, but Gutenberg is the recommended editor for them. Just click on my avatar to see my profile URL if you are interested.
Don’t get mistaken by the fact that they were all released long before the Gutenberg, as all of them got huge updates after the Gutenberg release. However, they are not multipurpose themes, so maybe they won’t really fit your needs. In case you will have more questions, feel free to use the comments section for the particular theme, or use the contact form on my profile please. Thanks.

1 Like