Get a refund after purchasing a not working theme

Hi,

I’ve waited one week and received no answer from the seller after buying Newscore theme and getting an error when loading it on the server.

The item I purchased recently accomplish this conditions to get the refunds

-Item is “not as described” or the item doesn’t work the way it should (theme doesn’t work, showing an error)
-Item has a security vulnerability (it’s not compatible with php 7.0)
-Item support is promised but not provided (I’ve not received answer from seller).

Could I get a refund?

Thanks, regards.

Hi

If your above reported issues are correct then I think you can get a refund. If you are eligable to get a refund then you can request for refund. Can I Get A Refund is an explantion of the refund policy, requirements, process and a button linking to the request form.

Thanks

I assume you’ve tried to create a ticked via their dedicated support forum?
https://radium.ticksy.com/?envato_item_id=7851846

You can also try to add your question in the item’s comments section

Anyway, if you decide to get a refund, note that the refund request goes through the author. So if you won’t get any reply to your refund request in about week, you should create a ticket via Envato Help and explain them your situation.
The item is marked as supported, so if you have a valid support and not getting any replies from the author, you are definitely eligible for the refund.

Yes, on 17th September, as Envato support told me, I’ll be able
to claim a refund after 5 laborable days with no answer.

How can I proceed then?

Regards.

Since then, I’ve got no answer from the author.

Use the refund request form from this article, wait for few days and if you won’t get any response, contact Envato help and explain them your situation.

I’ve made it already more than a week ago, I’ve not get any
response, I’ve contacted Envato explaining the situation.

What else can I do?

When I claim a refund I get the message.

“You don’t have any refundable purchases”

That is not true. My purchase is refundable according Envato rules.

Could you give me back my money? I purchased an item that doesn’t work.

Thanks.

For situations like these it’s always best to get in touch with Envato Market Help and Support. They’ll investigate the item and if the item is truly broken, then yes, you’ll get a refund, no question about it and the item will be disabled until repaired. But, only Envato Support can cater to this need. Open a ticket, and they’ll assist.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most importantly, are you sure you purchased the item with this account? Do you see the item when you go to your ThemeForest account / Downloads?