Free theme having regular license asking for Product code.

i recently got a mail from envato stating Free wordpress themes for january. There were three theme which i have to download before 31st jan.2020. I have downloaded them, and out of that one theme i was planning to install, ut after installation, it is asking me to activate the theme.I dont have any purchase code for the theme provided by envato. I only have a license copy which says regular license. And product code is mentioned as FREE.

Now how can i activate this free copy, can anyone guide me regrding this issue.

Theme is Soho Pro - Photography Portfolio

Hi

Free file should work fine wthout activation of the theme license. So, You can just ignore any requests to enter the pruchase code.

A “Freebie” is a free Item, it does not include any Author support and access to future updates. If those things are essential for you then you should purchase the item and you will get a license to use it in your end product. Also you will get a purchase code which is important to get Author support and get any future update of the Item.

Thanks

1 Like

ok, fine, but what to do when it is directly asking on the dashboard. How will client react to it.

yes, in dashboard you will see the notification because in this way customer will be notified and will active license to get future update and author support. for free file just you have to ignore the notification.

Did you tell the client that it’s a stock template and that this was a free one without the added features?

That way they are more likely to understand the issue and can decide if they want to pay for the full/supported version.

1 Like