First rejected item, any advice would be appreciated!

Hi folks.

Just had my first rejection and would like some advice. I’ve seen people post about how vague the rejection emails are but I’ve not been given any feedback at all, just that I can’t re-submit. I presume authors do re-submit tracks as there would be no point asking for feedback, however if anyone can give me some advice as to where I’ve gone wrong I’d be hugely grateful. Still new to all this!

V x

So So Happy Pop

Sorry I don’t know how to embed the track to the message :man_facepalming:t4:

Hi :slight_smile:

I think it’s a great idea and a great track ! I think the rejection is due to your sound design or the choice of your synth sound. They are not bad, but maybe a little bit too rough and maybe not enough trendy or “”“modern”""" for the aj standard !

Maybe you can work a little more with the arrangement, or add some stuff because the track sound a little “rough” and “”"""“empty”""" (of course is not, it’s just some thought :slight_smile: )

Be aware that the AJ review process is really more harder than before, and it’s really hard for new comer to get approved !
Just keep to work, try to compare your music ( but don’t do it too much, it could become a waste of time, and keep your identity first) to some other trendy or top seller stuff !

So good luck ! I hope it helps a little :slight_smile:

Thank you @Osynthw, sometimes a fresh pair of ears can help you hear something different! I was never 100% happy with the synth in the top line. Also now aware that it’s nearly 40 seconds before the main theme of the track is introduced. You’ve given me some things to think about, thank you again :+1:t4:

1 Like

I’m glad I helped you see things a little differently :slight_smile: ! Of course every opinion is to take with a pinch of salt! The most important thing is that you find what suits you! Keep me informed if this music ends up being accepted! That’s what I wish you, good luck

I agree with the previous answer here. I’m actually listening to it right now as I am writing this and in my opinion, it’s because of the quality.

Do you mean the quality of the synths @s_u_m?

Hi, also the drums are very monotonous, it repeats the same loop through the entire track. I would do a break from 2:11 to 2:43 for example. When it comes to the synth sounds, I share the same opinion like Osynthw. There are also some mixing issues, too much bass frequencies… Keep up the work :slight_smile:

Thank you for the input @FOXYAudio