at first. I really like this song. I like the chord progression and the song evolving. Don’t put this song to trash. A hard rejection doesn’t mean, that you are not able to resubmit this song, but you’ll need to do really seroius and major changes for a resubmission.
I like the song, but:
- you have a major lack in the mixing and mastering
- there are some weird noises in the song (by example at 00:36; 00:59 I mean this high “plings”)
- you should search for a better drum library. Your drums sounding thin and a bit powerless and too mid-saturated. Also there are issues with the drum gain.
- your drum parts need more variation (instruments and played notes). It’s too simple actually. But don’t overdo it or make it too complicated.
- that woosh(bang) sounds in the beginning, need a reverb
- I would also change some of the melody instruments to get a bit of variation. After the break at 01:27 you could implementing some bigger strings. Actually the muted guitar and the lead guitar take too much space and thats a bit boring.
- After the break at 01:27 your lead guitar changes to an octave higher, which is too high in my opinion. This high part should be played by violins and the guitar in the same octave as before.
I am convinced of this songs potential. It’s a really good start - but it needs some of major improvements.
I would propose to do this changes and then ask here in the forum, if the song is ready for a re-submission.