Feedback 4 Rejections

In my opinion, there is a very high amount of new topics on the forum about rejected items. I think it can be so useful if we have all the feedbacks on rejected items in one thread. So this thread is dedicated to all authors who want to get feedback on their rejected items! :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

I prefer post about rejections, they more constructive than post about celebrate sales, first approval, new badge and stuff like these.

8 Likes

I can start
rejected track

2 Likes

Hi,
thanks for posting your rejected track in this thread. :wink::+1:
In my opinion, the ukulele sound is too loud, and I hear most of the sounds in the right speaker, overall I think the mix might be the rejection reason.

2 Likes

This is very good idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I think it has to do with the mix, as well. The melody is quite quiet and shouldn’t be panned to the right imo. I hope it helps…

There is a thread for this already, but let’s get started here:

I think this track is beautiful, but let’s be honest on Low-end frequencies, in your mix, I hear an excess buildup of the range, also I think you should add clarity and separation to your track (Dynamic). :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you very much! I know, that I have some problems with the low end (expierience, as well as hearing - im only 19…!). How would I add clarity and dynamic separation? Is it seperation of the sections to create interest or of the instruments?

Also in order to have order in this thread I would recommend that everybody answers to the post where the track is so that everybody knows which track one is talking about. Otherwise this could get a little messy.

2 Likes

Your welcome. :slight_smile:
Usually, the most problematic area of the sound field is the center, as this often is the busiest place within a mix. I would recommend keeping the low-end in the center as it provides the music with a solid grounding and helps aid the rhythm. For every other instrument, however, it is advisable to instead of panning hard left and right find a place inside those extremes.
Our ears tend to focus on the signals in a mix that are panned center or panned extreme left or right, while the points in between are less distinct.
Try to pan the instruments in your mix that occupy a similar frequency range in the opposite of one another; you don’t have to pan them to the extreme.

Also, try keeping a narrower image across your whole mix during the verses of your songs and then widening that image by panning the elements that appear in the choruses further away from the center. Having certain parts pop out like this, or even move temporarily to a more extreme pan setting, will create excitement.

I hope this help. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you !

2 Likes

Your welcome. :slight_smile:

Yes! Thank you! Great answer, great thread!

1 Like

Your welcome. :wink:

Yes, I think it’s a good idea to create such thread.
In this case many authors will find common mistakes and eliminate them in their own tracks

1 Like

Sounds like you used too much exciter effect on the master track, or too much high frequencies on the master eq. And the whole sound is too sharp even on the very low volume (at least for my ears). About arrangement: In my opinion all instruments sounds too mechanic, especially piano. Just carefully use a random position function in your DAW for midi tracks. And it really should help for more realistic sound. Also I think you have to choose more realistic samples. Good luck!

1 Like

Good idea, but I think there will be too much confusion when will be a many tracks in one thread. For example I will be reply to a track after one week when his author posted this track. But there will be appeared 3-4 or more another tracks during one week. Just imagine how will be look this thread after a few month…

3 Likes

Hi @ashot-danielyan-comp
Thanks for accepting my invitation to the thread, I think we can add some rules later to avoid confusion, so let’s see what happen! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the Hi-Hat in the left speaker is too loud. In my opinion you can replace this hat on something not so hi and sharp (maybe more lite hat). The piano in a conflict with other instruments. F# in piano with G in pizzicato strings and D# in piano with E in pizzicato strings - these dissonances I’ve heard immediately. I think you can make piano melody more minimalistic. Less notes in piano. And your piano will be an element of development but a minimalistic element. Also I think you can add another one part (another one 23 seconds) with another one additional instrument in the high register (glockenspiel for example). Good luck!

1 Like

Rejected track, opinions?