Envato should make music search engine like Shazam and Soundhound

I come across this song https://soundcloud.com/user-747581988/audio-jungle-unknown-music and know that it’s from Audio Jungle but have no way to know which one. (if you know it, let me know it with million thanx from me). I wish there is music search engine here. Sales should be boosted like rocket!

3 Likes

Yes we really need a song finder or a find similar search :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@KingDog would be really great to hear some plans / schedules regarding the implementation? Is it “on the table”, or “under development” or still just a plan for the future?

As far as I know, music search engine is a big investment. If Envato buy a part of this kind of technology from Shazam or Soundhound, I believe that it must be somewhere $10m+ (who knows, $100m+?). It may prove that Envato is not that big yet.

You don’t need to buy anything from Shazam or Soundhound. It’s quite easy (and free) to make your own audio fingerprinting and recognition system. There’s also some open source ones already out there.

I was working on something like this a couple of weeks ago, but I stopped after learning how much storage would be needed for fingerprinting all audio on AudioJungle (around 234GB of database storage I estimated, not too much but not worth it for me).

2 Likes

Oh, 2 unexpected new knowledge.
It’s free.
And it’s JUST 234GB. (you really mean 234GB not 234TB?)
Believe me your sales will go stratosphere.
I often hear audio jungle in the middle of YouTube clips and have strong will to pay only if I know the song name. Well, you know it, clip owners don’t declare much about this. So please, make it happen and we will pay you as much as you want.

Cloud database storage is expensive. I’ll be on the look out for a cheaper way to do this, don’t worry! :wink:

1 Like

Thanx a million!

A pity, that thing really won’t happen.