Envato has a lot of tracks in the library, which nobody buys

I want to make an offer. Envato has a lot of tracks in the library, which nobody buys. They clog up the search and prevent the authors of more popular tracks from making money. I suggest removing tracks from the library that were not sold for a month from the date of publication.

2 Likes

Someday there will be a ā€œbig sweepā€ for zombie tracks but today is not that day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This has been brought up many times before. A month is too quick IMO but I agree that there definitely should be some sort of guidelines for removing unsold/unpopular tracksā€¦ itā€™s easier said than done though!

1 Like

There are a lot of amazing tracks with a great personality and beautiful composition with (unfortunately) 0 sales.
I would start with the copycat tracks with 0 sales. :joy:

15 Likes

Yes the dead of Audiojungle is the unsane use of the ā€œcorporate templateā€. Soon the name is going to be changed to ā€œTemplatejungleā€

5 Likes

If the AJ policy would be more loyal to the authors, the authors kept their portfolio in ā€œpurityā€, but since the approval of the tracks for many authors here as a great event no one" dead " tracks will not be deleted on their own. in the end a lot of unnecessary material litters the store, and potontsialny ā€œbestsellerā€ otpravlyayutsya in a basket or other stores)

I offered a lot of ways to keep the store clean and catch fresh ideas - new hits, but no one needs it.

our Director is not Elon Musk. :t_rex:

It is necessary to remove tracks not with zero sales, but tracks that hang and a year ago, and three years ago and, ten years ago here https://audiojungle.net/page/top_sellers for years and give way to tracks with zero sales! Or to alter the search engine in order to sell all tracks (including those with zero sales).

3 Likes

I agree with the last post! Problem isnā€™t as simple as just removing tracks with 0 sales. Firstly i guess, that every author have seen a lot of great, realy great works with 0 sales. And itā€™s can be because of the wrong naming of this item etc. So, itā€™s not all about ā€œbad itemsā€. And sales is not the one and only argument to say that the track is good or bad. Itā€™s maybe a complex problem with naming, search engine, sales monitoring ability etc.

1 Like

I bet you wouldnā€™t say this if you had a top seller on popular list for over a year :smile:

2 Likes

Ahahaha :joy:Thatā€™s exactly how I thought that you would disprove my post, I did not expect anything else :slight_smile: But all the same, it is necessary to take into account the fact that tracks with zero sales are the same tracks as the majority, they were less fortunate, but they could also be sold not worse than top ones. The current search engine does not give any chance.

1 Like

I agree with the search engine things. At least Envato could give space for some new tracks with zero sales on first page, so buyers could see these new tracks potential.

1 Like

The reason why there is so many tracks with 0 sales (just this fortnight I have deleted about 120 tracks) is that there is a continual and approval of the same kind of track and then gets placed into the wrong category by an update by the author. The whole site needs an overhaul and only the best corporate tracks should exist. Reduce this copycat issue and perhaps sales would increase for authors who do not play the system. Unique quality tracks should not go unnoticed or omitted from the search engine.

5 Likes

I still dream of having a top seller that will stay on popular files for yearsā€¦ Donā€™t take away that dream from me! :smile:

3 Likes

I wish you that your dream became a reality, good luck with sales to all! $ :gift:

3 Likes

By the way of the cloned tracks ā€¦ Quite an interesting and ambiguous moment ā€¦ None of the ā€œauthorā€ does not clone tracks with zero sales, clone basically the top tracks, and eventually if all the tracks were sold roughly equally, there would be no tops, there was not would be clones, the ā€œauthorsā€ would see that everything is sold, both creative tracks, and ordinary ā€œcorporateā€ and ā€œepicā€, ā€œhappyā€ and ā€œseasonalā€. There would be as much diversity as possible and the clones would disappear by themselves. I think so (but not fact), but so far the vicious circle: top tracks, clone tracks are the same as the top only with zero sales, heaps of identical tracks on the market, clone top tracks (by template), etc ā€¦

1 Like

What I feel is that when the search algorithm engine changed like 1 year agoā€¦ the sales have gone down about 90%

1 Like

After some months with zero sales, I sold some items with a large licenseā€¦ filmā€¦ broadcastā€¦ and, as a nice guy said here, you never knowā€¦

1 Like

This would be a drastic measure - to delete tracks that are older than a month and has no sales. This kind of sorting does not separate good tracks from bad tracks.

Ethically, an author should keep his/her portofolio clean and evaluate what is good for sale and what is obsolete; this kind of self evaluation would do good to the market in general. But this ideal principle is not the case for an author who is here to make a quick buck overlooking rules and disconsidering value.

So if you (or anyone here) feel that the market is overcrowded, maybe the best solution is to look inside your own ā€˜shopā€™ and present the best marchendise you have to offer. Maybe Envato will take some measures in this matter but waiting for something to happen or experience some changes doesnā€™t guarantee sales or more exposure.

2 Likes

I understand correctly? This type of tracks can not be deleted? :roll_eyes:
https://audiojungle.net/item/modern-future/20447379
https://audiojungle.net/item/technology/20891079
https://audiojungle.net/item/soft-corporate/22069478

https://audiojungle.net/item/hitech/21589643

2 Likes

Ooooh Come on guy!
Soft Corporate can be deleted, 0 sales.
You have to put a little more of effort next time. :wink::joy: