Envato Elements canceled my subscription without I asked for it

Yesterday I bought the Unlimited version of Envato Elements. I paid and it’s proved by the target they sent to me. I’ve made two trial downloads that day. After that, when I’ve logged again in my account appears “go unlimited” in the top right of the page, and I can’t download anything more. The money was debit of my bank account anyway.

Then I saw another email Envato Elements sent to me in the same day telling that they refund me the money. First, it’s not true. My credit limit still the same as before, when I successful paid the unlimited version of Envato Elements. Why did they refund me if I don’t have asked for it? I can’t understand and I’m really upset because I was working in important projects when it happened. And when I tried to access “My Subscription”, I got that message: “Access Denied. You don’t have permission to view this page.”

I was so pissed that I have tried to buy again the unlimited version even though I have not received my payment back. But I was redirected to the home page after included all my credit card information. What is going on?

It’s been more than 24 hours since I have requested support and any answer yet. If I don’t receive an answer until the final of the day (in Brazil is 4:00PM), I’ll contact the Programa de Proteção e Defesa do Consumidor (Consumer Protection Program) of my state and sue them for financial damages.

The credit card charge will drop from your statement once it is finished processing. That’s how it works. Depending on numerous factors it can take 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, or even a week, but this has nothing to do with Envato.

Support will get back to you as soon as possible. There’s nowhere that they guaranteed 24 hour response times, in fact they didn’t guarantee any response time.

1 Like

I know it, but I can’t understand why they decided to refund me if I don’t ask for it.