Earnings report discussion (Mar 2024)

Really low Elements earnings last months. This is going down. I don’t even want to imagine next months :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes, I agree with you. Very very low even after working hard…

3 Likes

Yes, earnings going down for video templates. Future doesnt look promising. Hard to find motivation

1 Like

A number of the photographers have noticed a 35-40% decrease as well. Apparently it is the new AI Vector search engine. There are certain topics that I used to search on and my photos would be close to the top in results. Now I can do the same search and I have to scroll several pages before I find my photos. It is very discouraging.

6 Likes

Elements is the reason which is ironic, you guys should not have agreed to be part of Elements and keep the marketplace alive…

Agree AI is a factor but the main reason is that clients and authors are losing trust in Envato, is a complete mess…

7 Likes

I didn’t “agree to be part of Elements.” I sold on Twenty20 which Envato bought and they moved my photos to Elements. Market was pretty much dead when they moved us. Since August of 2022, I’ve only earned about $70 there.

And when they launched the new AI Search Engine (see description below), it was like a switch flipped. A lot of the photographers immediately went from earning amounts we had been maintaining for over 2 years to 35-40% less.

"We’re excited to announce a whole new way for customers on Elements to find your photos in our catalog: Vector search.

Vector search uses AI to understand the human meaning of a search query, and to classify the search results based on how similar they are to what the search means. This leads to more accurate and relevant results for customers when they’re searching for photos.

This is great news for Authors, because customers are more likely to download your items if they see them when they’re most relevant.

Check out the latest article on the Author Hub to learn all about how this new way of search is going to revolutionize the way Elements customers find your items!"

4 Likes

My sales have tanked by seventy per cent i had three worldbeat tracks on the first page making me 800 dollars now almost nothing .World music does not even appear on the first few pages.Very concerning.Envato has also lost its 800 dollar comission.

3 Likes

Other author is getting that money .)))

3 Likes

Sales down on ThemeForest too for 30% compare to the previous month.

4 Likes

It’s game over guys… Elements destroyed this place, I know many don’t agree with me but this is what my heart is telling me, since Elements appeared the marketplace started to decline and now is at its end, the irony is that Elements will follow :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Same goes for me, my sales dropped 100/50.
Thank you “Envato Elements” for condemning us to low income. :unamused:

4 Likes

I don’t think your target here should be Elements authors. When Element first came out, I made about 10 times my market earnings with element. Many people have experienced this. So it would be ridiculous to give it up for other people. Envato could have imposed a project limit on elements, set monthly membership fees and commissions more fairly. I think Envato is largely responsible for this, not us authors.

1 Like

I’m feeling extremely worried. It seems like things are coming to an end for me too. I’ve been waiting nearly a month for them to address a mistaken review, and my earnings have been cut in half. It’s disheartening that they don’t seem to value authors who’ve been here for years like myself. Unfortunately, it appears they’re indifferent to our concerns.

6 Likes

Experiencing significantly lower earnings from Elements lately is concerning, and the downward trend is worrying. Anticipating further declines in the coming months is disheartening.

1 Like

It looks like many authors from all categories are noting low earnings recently. There clearly is something going on from their side and it is frustrating that they don`t want to address the issues with us.

My earnings on elements are going down (video category) from 2022 and i still cant find a way to fix it. For last 2 months decline in earnings accelerated even faster.

I think they should find new approach to the clients by either raising the membership pricing or create some more complex system with credit points and limits etc.
It doesn’t look fair when clients just sign for monthly ~39euro, download loads (unlimited amount) of stuff and then cancel subscription.

Such cheap and simple approach could make sense at the first ~2 years for a quick start of making client base with small amount of content, but things changed over years. There are obviously much more content than at start and it just can`t be sold for same little price.

Some people will say that there are also more clients but in the end i dont see the increase or even stability of earnings and it looks like indeed many authors are experiencing the same feeling.

7 Likes

9 dollars for five days is super low for me

1 Like

Today i noticed these banners…Is that Christmas time or cyber week? I mean how reasonable is to make 40% discounts in March?
And why 40%? the price for annual subscription is already small ~174EUR per year for unlimited downloads… This is not netflix or any other entertainment services. This is huge library of digital assets that helps creatives to earn money.

8 Likes

Yes, this is our hard work that’s being given away for free.

2 Likes

It would be nice if Envato would inform us of our massive drop in sales .Is it the new search engine issues or new phase of reduced revenue.

8 Likes

My revenue has dropped from 1200 to 300 dollars a month in a matter of weeks

9 Likes