Custom Previews Now Available for Single Clip Uploads on VideoHive

We’re happy to announce a new feature of the Author Platform Uploader (APU) for all VideoHive authors that will help streamline the upload process and allow you to better showcase your content.

Custom video and image previews will now be available for single clips, and you can choose these directly from the APU when uploading your items.

Previously this feature was only available for multiclip uploads, or via the edit feature for single clips once the file had already been published.

With this new feature we believe it will help authors choose the best preview to showcase their great content.

We’ll also be removing custom thumbnails at the upload stage for both multiclip and single clip uploads, as these will now be auto-generated based on the image preview you choose. If desired, you can still upload a custom thumbnail via the edit form, once your item has passed review.

We believe these changes will be positive not only for authors, as mentioned above, but also customers as they will be able to get a more accurate idea of the items they’re looking for!

We’ll be around for the next seven days responding to your questions and comments in batches. Please remember our community guidelines as you post.

7 Likes

Hello.

I’ve got a question regarding the video preview. When I upload a 1920x1080 16 bit rate preview video it’s lagging like hell on Videohive. I’m forced to upload in a 960x540 resolution 16 bit rate(or 8 depending on my project) so my preview videos can play smoothly. Authors want their potential clients to look at their preview videos in Full HD 16 bit rate but since this causes the videos to lag the authors put links to Youtube in their description where their potential clients can have a look at a 1920x1080 resolution 16 bit rate. Why don’t you guys think of a way for us Videohive authors to be able to upload 1920x1080 16 bit preview videos without our videos lagging?

Thank you in advance for the response.

@steve_lam Can you give your thoughts on my question?

Hi @GZGRAPHICS, sorry about the late reply, thanks for your comment though! As you have noted, the shopfront only supports 960x540 resolution for preview displays at the moment. I have passed your suggestion on to the team, though, for future consideration :slight_smile:

We’ll also be removing custom thumbnails at the upload stage for both multiclip and single clip uploads, as these will now be auto-generated based on the image preview you choose. If desired, you can still upload a custom thumbnail via the edit form, once your item has passed review.

Absolutely strange and unproductive decision. why add unnecessary one more step in workflow? what is the purpose of this? why I, as author must additional edit already approved items to add custom thumbnails? it makes no sence at all! Why I cant set up my items as they should be at one moment before reviewing? why ruining envato and make life and business more complicated and frustrating without any logical reason?
I just don’t understand. I just didn’t get the point.
customers get a more accurate idea of the items they’re looking for?? then why not to remove custom thumbnails completely?
I’am author and I interested in sales and views of my items. it’s obvious. I make my own thumbnails, cause I want better representation of items for customers. Automatically generated thumbs is ugly and total mess. You cant just downscale 4k image to 80x80px! It just dont work that way. It’s worst idea of the items, not better!
For now, with that canges my own life and workflow became a little worst.
Please leave custom thumbnails in submitting stage, maybe as an option. Editing alredy approved items may be serious pointless waste of time.

Hi @WashIrving,

Thanks for your comment. With the way the VideoHive actually displays items now, there’s a lot less need for thumbnails. See below for an example of how every category now appears.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.