Changes To How Authors Receive Earnings Payouts From Envato

I’m sure James will confirm, but as there’s no mention of anything like that happening in the announcement, it’s pretty safe to assume that there will still be separate withdrawals and minimum withdrawal thresholds for each account, as there is currently.

And what exactly have withdrawals to do with stability and growth? If you wish to have long-term stability it’s about time to start listening what authors have to say. I’m afraid that you will realize this the hard way in a few years. It’s still time to make the changes to the market itself and at least listen to like 30% of ideas that authors are telling you.

Currently, you are still the biggest market, but competition is cacthing you quickly.

8 Likes

Wife and I are using one bank account for swift withdrawals from different Envato accounts, does it mean we should use different bank accounts now?

here is the problem when i click on change default account and select payoneer there is no option to change the payoneer account details

1 Like

Ah ok. Well you probably need to speak to Payonner then to unlock your account. What does it say in the two links… Payoneer FAQ etc? Surely somebody has had to change their Payonner account at some point, so I’m assuming it will be in those links or Payoneer will be able to tell you.

One question!
Me and my brother , we are in videohive as an author, do we can use one payoneer account for two different videohive accounts ?

Yes and/or no. If one account is yours and one is your wife’s, then you should be using your bank and your wife should be using her bank. If both accounts are in your name then they both need to use your bank, and if they’re both in your wife’s name then they both need to use your wife’s bank.

If you have a joint bank account then I guess you can use that for both accounts, whether they are in your name or her name.

Same as my answer directly above… just swap ‘wife’ for ‘brother’.

How can I setup the accumulation of payments in Payoneer?

You’re twisting words again ,how this change can be for the good sake of the authors, as we as authors not agree with this change

6 Likes

@jamesgiroux since our previous questions were ignored, repeating one of the important question:

• Will there be a feature to change withdrawal method whenever we want? Or would we have to go through support whenever we need to change withdrawal method.

Hold on,

What If I have $400, and my withdrawal destination is SWIFT, and I don’t have PayPal or Payoneer.
How I’ll get paid?

Also, what if I want to change my bank account any time? what if my account was closed? I am able to change my bank information anytime?

Based on the original announcement, there will be no restriction on changing your withdrawal method whenever you need to.

Envato, without authors, your company will fail easily. You keep on getting worst and worst every day, I miss Envato 2015.

Why don’t you care about authors opinion? All are against this decision. Now you are forcing us to withdrawal money every month, what if our bank was closed, no PayPal and no Payoneer account? and we need time at least one month to open new account etc?

Why don’t you give us the ability to choose what we want?

It could be really easy if you just made a poll about this, to see the authors opinion.
Take care of your authors, all your company, offices, emplooyes depends on them.

9 Likes

Great, but at the same time, Payoneer assured us repeatedly that the decision on the size of the commission was taken by your companies together.

3 Likes

Politics, my friend, same as politics. No practical examples to how this change is good for the authors, just words. The growth part is true, but their growth, not the author’s.
The perfect example is the explanation that they need to implement automated withdrawals because they already have them on elements or studio. It’s like punching someone in the face and then motivate that you already punched other two so you need to be in line with yourself.
Elements are a totally different thing than the marketplace, I recall them saying. So why apply the same rules then?

Seriously, I would love to see a clear explanation to why these decisions are a good thing for the authors. Maybe we are missing something.

8 Likes

Maybe because Envato is not a bank, but a marketplace, and therefore they are not required to keep our money above the payment term specified in the Author Terms.

Even in the current Terms, Envato reserved such a right in advance, thereby making it clear that changes may come sooner or later:

We will continue to hold your earnings until we receive a request for withdrawal unless for some reason we decide to pay you your earnings without a request.

1 Like

@jamesgiroux
It looks like your long-term plans aren’t working so well at the end (at least for us).
I just checked USA conversion rate over a few years and I noticed that conversion is dropping over years.
On 1.1.2016 you announced that Envato USA will attract more USA buyers and then added a tax burden to authors and try to convince us that this was a great decision.

Here are our conversion stats only for the USA buyers:

2014 -1.27%
2015 - 1.45%
2016- 1.36%
2017 - 0.85%
2018 - 0.74%

Note: I don’t say that this is the same for all author so I will be more then happy if others share USA conversion rate from 2014 as well.
Note 2: On the other hand I noticed that conversion rate has risen for some European countries (like Germany and UK).

9 Likes

This is a very bad decision for authors operating in a partnership. We’re sure there are much more authors having concerns than Envato might assume. They might just don’t want to speak out or wait for developments on this situation. We have the feeling that on the long term this will hurt not just authors but Envato as well.

@Odin_Design proposed a very reasonable idea in the topic (Petition to Envato) Partnership Tools

Envato: Please consider making partnership tools, otherwise we – and likely many others – have to consider leaving the market.

Kreatura Team

5 Likes

Im giving up there is no way to get a right answer or any kind of logic help here at the end of the month i will remove all items i have here and start looking for another marketplace other authors should do like me that i think will be the only way to make envato care a little more about how they manage this place. ( no need to say " that is my choice " i know that already but giving them 2800 unhappy customer i think may help them to realise )

3 Likes