Can somebody explain, why this track is hard rejected, please??

Hey, friends!
Recently got this track hard rejected with such comment:
"Unfortunately your submission Modern Hard Rock isn’t ready for AudioJungle and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or Envato Market policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies.

Regrettably the Help and Quality Teams are unable to offer a critique or feedback on your rejected submission.
Our Review team also provided these comments:

This submission does not meet our general commercial production (sample quality/mixing/mastering) standard, unfortunately."

Need some advices! Thanks…
Here is this track: https://soundcloud.com/dan-mirsky/modern-hard-rock-prev

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is that it was a mistake! This track has miles better production than anything I’ve ever uploaded to audio jungle. :slight_smile: Maybe someone else knows something I don’t, but my advice would be to upload it again. Surely this was a mistake?

1 Like

Agree with @RockGalaxy,
This track sounds awesome to my ears!

Propably a mistake…
If you want my personal opinion though…
It is powerful but…
My only belief is that the song looks like its rushing to end.
I mean, there are no breaks and the transitions between each part is raw.
The drums are playing all the time etc has not much interesting parts with break or something cool.
Don’t get it wrong, the riffs are powerful and aggressive.

Other than that.
Your main low octave riff guitar, could use a bit of highs, plus the drums a little shine on highs.
Also I would turn down the volume of the main riff just a bit.

You need to enrich your song, Don’t be lazy :stuck_out_tongue:.

Maybe you could also bring in some uplifter air fx near the end so it sounds like its coming to an end.
Make it a bit more interesting, and maybe 2 minutes.

Do this a great track!

I think we should all be aware that when you upload a track to Soundcloud, it converts the file to 128 kbps for streaming, so no matter what any information that was in your original track above 17kHz is almost completely destroyed. Not saying you can’t add top-end or sheen below 17kHz…hell, most people probably can’t even hear above 17kHz…but it will tend to flatten-out the sound of a track ever so slightly, especially things like cymbals.

I think the track sounds pretty good, I think at a certain point when it comes to mixing and very fine details, it starts to come down to person preference and what someone personally thinks is best practice, how they mix a track, ect, more than anything else. I think in your case no real reason to reject it, the reviewer just didn’t like your track, so what can you really do?

1 Like

Baffled tbh, great track well mixed. Hardly so left field as to be unusable.

maybe it’s too awesome

1 Like

Honestly, AUDIOJUNGLE is rejecting great tracks now. I will probably write a new topic on this at some point, but anyway, here it goes…

I recently had SEVEN tracked hard rejected. I have relationships with music supervisors at NBC, ABC, CBS, and Sony - so I took four of these tracks to them. TWO of the tracks that “weren’t good enough for Envato” were instantly picked up for a primetime show on NBC coming out in the Spring.

I would like Envato’s response as to why tracks that are good enough for primetime, National television in America are NOT good enough for Audiojungle, especially since Envato plans to expand to America. I would like to take part in this new online “micro licensing” environment, but frankly it is not worth my time to create separate preview files and such if the songs are just going to keep getting rejected.

TL; DR - 7 of my tracks were rejected by Audiojungle, so I tried taking them elsewhere, and 2 of those tracks that were supposedly “not good enough for Envato” were instantly picked up for a show on NBC (national American television)

*EDIT: Just to give you an idea of what I’ve done in the past, I’ve had commercial deals with major companies including one in the past few months that was a $20,000 international TV commercial. It’s weird that Audiojungle is stricter on my tracks for the micro-licensing world than the other library that landed me that deal

1 Like

Hi RockGalaxy!

Well I’ve got to say I’m a bit baffled with the reviewer’s decision, though there are some things (to my ear) that may be reasons for the rejection. Firstly, it’s a little repetitive for a 1:24 minute track (in my opinion); the guitar riff itself is good, but there isn’t a lot of variety except for the sections at 0:24 and 0:56.

The mix sounds good, although I feel it may be lacking in the high-mid range (2-5 Khz) especially in tone of the guitar riff. This is just personal opinion though and I doubt this would’ve been the primary reason for the rejection.

Overall I’m a bit surprised that it was rejected, but the review team have become stricter and raised the quality bar fairly significantly lately so my best guess would be that it’s either a mistake, or down to the repetition.

1 Like

Hi! I think in this track there are episodes which repeat without changes. Any repetition of material has to be with changes. For example: change a rhythm, add still tools or some clean, change harmony etc. There has to be a development. Good luck!

1 Like

“Quality bar?” How is it that Audiojungle is stricter than NBC? Please read my story above ^

1 Like

Sounds good to me. It’s probably an error. Perhaps if you point them to this thread, after reading peer reviews, they might reconsider and contact you with an OK to resubmit.

1 Like

Well, I hear very bad to mediocre music in TV shows all the time. But the track this thread is about, I think should have been accepted.

2 Likes

Maybe your tracks is just too good for this place. :wink:

2 Likes

It think you are right

This track is COOL!
Please contact support for this one.
Would love to use it in one of my previews on videohive.
I loved it.
Edit 1: Please let me know when it gets accepted.
Edit 2: I am listening to your tracks now.They are awesome!

1 Like

Awesome track, can’t tell you why it was rejected.

If you’re looking for constructive criticism, the only thing I’d change is that I’d add a bit more low rumbly bass (under 100hz) to give it even more “size”.

But I’m not saying that’s why it got rejected. Just my two cents. Great piece.

Hi there,
a quieter part would make this production more versatile, mabe it’s too repetitive.

I think all I can say is that maybe its repetitive nature of it in some parts? I have done a lot of work for TV and this would be placed on air in a second. So I guess its all up to the reviewers taste and standards. Also I would keep any tracks close to one minute right at 1:00 since that’s a standard broadcast time for segments usually. Hope that helps.

I don’t mean to be presumptuous, but is it all loops?