Best way to Compress huge files?

Hello Friends!

I have a bundle that is 2.01 GB (uncompressed), I was wondering what would be the best way to compress the files to decrease the files size considerably. Currently using the default mac compressor I am getting 800 MB as the compressed size.

Can any software bring the file size lower?

Thanks

How about KGB Archiver - http://sourceforge.net/projects/kgbarchiver/

ShermanJackson said

“…what would be the best way to compress the files to decrease the files size considerably…”

Before you compress you can do a few things in Photoshop to make your file size smaller

1. Rasterize all Smart Objects that are not essential to the overall design. (Smart objects make your file size huge)

2. Trim your Photoshop File, you can do this by going to ,Image > Trim …Use the default settings in the dialog box that appears > Press OK. This will trim all the area of images hanging outside of your work space, making your file size much smaller.

You can try hiding all the layers of every PSD files also. It helps a lot. If you use winrar for compression, you can find some compressed method on them. I didn’t sure about winrar on Mac.

Put a white full layer above all others. It saves some good space when dimensions are big. Or a lot of files.

CreativeSource_online said

You can try hiding all the layers of every PSD files also. It helps a lot.

Good tip, also you don’t lose any content :slight_smile: