compressing a Png + alpha sequence ?

Hi all, I’m getting ready to finish and upload my first project.

I have question about Png +alpha’s. My template has a pre-rendered object which totals around 440 MB. It’s has more black and shades of grey on it . I’m afraid this may get to big at the end with tutorial and graphics. I’ve read the guide about uploading Png’s in a quicktime container.

Would it be a good idea to compresse the png sequence in photoshop and then render it into a quicktime container ? Ofcourse I will lookout for quality loss.

I’ve been searching but haven’t found a topic about this. Thanks for your help.

Hello.

Maximum file size(archive) = 1gb, but sometimes if your project duration less than 20 seconds reviewer can make soft rejection and may ask you to reduce the file size up to 500mb.

Why not to render out into QT PNG + Alpha? :slight_smile:

Tutorial can be done in any video format, resolution and quality.

Best, Roman

Hi Roman,

thanks for your help. Yes I did render to Qt png +alpha. I might leave as it is but I’m just a bit worried that the end project might get to big. The running time is 1 min. So it might not be that bad after all.

Try render without alpha Quicktime PhotoJpeg compression and use modes Add or screen, so that black will not be seen, also you can use Shift channels plugin to extract black information.since you mentioned grey portions on black background, the above two methods may work.I assume you are making AE Template

StrokeVorkz said

Try render without alpha Quicktime PhotoJpeg compression and use modes Add or screen, so that black will not be seen, also you can use Shift channels plugin to extract black information.since you mentioned grey portions on black background, the above two methods may work.I assume you are making AE Template

Thanks for the tip Stroke I’ll keep that in mind !

As someone said, leave black as it is. There are many different ways to remove it and one of them is UnMult. More importantly it’s free and it’s just amazing.

Rokhustar said

Hi Roman,

thanks for your help. Yes I did render to Qt png +alpha. I might leave as it is but I’m just a bit worried that the end project might get to big. The running time is 1 min. So it might not be that bad after all.

Try to render out into QT Animation+ Alpha (Qual ~ 90%)
Nobody will notice a losses in quality including you, ofcourse if you’re not gonna to show your movie on the Display with demensions 16 meters by 9 meters :).

Best, Roman