Been a customer for over ten years and.....

I first shopped at Envato (well, Themeforest) over ten years ago. I was learning web design and Wordpress and it was an exciting time. I made quite a few purchases, and also bought some books written by Collis Ta’ eed.
It was really inspiring at that time to hear how he and Cyan had started the company.
I returned today to buy a “$27” plugin…the prices are in USD even though they are based in Australia, as I am. I was horrified to see that every payment option had a $2 surcharge. So, the price, is never the price.
Its just completely unethical. If you want to charge more, add it to the cost.
It seems Envato has gone from an exciting creative community of designers to a faceless corporate monopoly.
I am just really surprised that they have so very little regard for their customers that they are prepared to be so blatant about overcharging.
How disappointing.

It’s more than disappointing. It’s infuriating, and plain dumb. Whoever came up with this idea, has no business at their position.

There is a whole thread related to yours: https://forums.envato.com/t/were-removing-envato-credits-from-market

If you’d like to add your voice that’d be great. Though apparently it won’t change their minds.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: We’re removing Envato Credits from Market

Hey there. I’m incredibly sorry to hear about your experience… I’ve moved your comment over to the main thread discussing this so more people can see your feedback and hear your voice… Your reply is here -> We’re removing Envato Credits from Market