Author Refuses To Issue Refund

So let me start off by saying, I’ve used envato for a long time and never had an issue, I’m even an affiliate. The problem came about when I purchased Hostiko WordPress Theme, links below. When I went to install this, come to find out for some reason the author has decided to block the required plugins download or the url that’s embedded in the code no longer works. When I contacted the author for support, they were requiring that I give them cPanel FTP login access to correct a problem that they would not disclose. Because of the security vulnerabilities with Wordpress websites, no author should ever require access to make a purchase on one of their products just to get the theme initially installed, because the framework it uses is not included in the download from envato market. This was the first time, out of many purchases on here I have ever had an author require that. The only people that should have that access are the hosting company, owners and the designers the owners decide to disclose this too. So I refuse to use the theme and never have because of this. So I would like my money back, you can look in the authors support thread to see where I requested it and I did it via their support chat system with no refund thus far. Everything that comes with any theme, templates or plugins sold should come with all the required plugins or have access to them seamlessly. So I’m reaching out on the forum to have envato themselves take a look at this.

Thanks,

Hi @optloc,

If you are eligible to get a refund then you can request for refund. Can I Get A Refund is an explanation of the refund policy, requirements, process and a button linking to the refund request form (below the How to request a refund).

Thanks