Anyone having a decrease in item traffic?

I’m having a traffic decrease for about one week till today, and of course, sales are down to only one sale. Is anyone else has the same?

2 Likes

The item views just got fixed. They were inflated for over a month due to some bug. It’s odd nobody at Envato bothered to share this info.

3 Likes

We noticed the same! But the strangest thing is that it wasn’t for all items, but just a few…

We experienced an increase in sales in the period of “inflation” you say that it was just a coincidence or maybe those items actually had an increase in views? Were you told by someone in Envato about this views bug?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Exactly, Me too

1 Like

Compare your traffic stats from Envato with your Google Analytics (all Elites have it right) for December , with November. You will get the clear picture. Nothing changed in GA, yet it increased 4-5x in Envato stats.

Some ad blockers block Google Analytics, maybe they don’t block Envato’s tracking system?

I have a similar experience comparing to your stats.

The first 10 days of the month were really inflated, probably ThemeSphere is right some kind of bug or similar.

Here is a ghost theme:

A wp one:

And the analytics of the WP (it looks Google Analytics has the correct amount of views):

A few months ago, Envato enabled Google Analytics for all authors, i think their information is really more accurate than envato views:

Regards!

1 Like

Hi! Can we have someone from the staff chime in about this? @jacobbednarz @steve_lam Thanks!