Am I allowed to also put my music from Audiojungle on my own YouTube channel as free for non-profit use ?

I want to put my music from my Audiojungle Account also on my YouTube channel as free for non-profit use for marketing purposes. Is that allowed ?

Hi! Are you an Exclusive Author on AudioJungle?
Read this article.

"What is exclusivity?

As an author on Envato, you have the choice to offer your items on an exclusive or non-exclusive basis with Envato. If you choose to offer your items on an exclusive basis, then you’ll benefit from lower author fees, but this means you cannot sell, distribute, or even give away for free your items (or any related items ) outside of Envato. This includes on your own website."

Good luck!

P.S. If you want to promote your music on your YouTube channel, your music tracks which is put up for sale on Envato from your account here, then you can put it with a watermark from Envato into your video (download here https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000473363-Watermarking-Files ). Distribute music tracks which do you have here (on AJ) without watermark (free or something like that) for exclusive authors is prohibited.

Are you sure? I am pretty sure we can use unwatermarked music for our promo purpose e.g. on Youtube and use it as a part of freelance work for others.

1 Like

Yes of course. Correct me if something is wrong. :wink:

I am pretty sure we can use unwatermarked music for our promo purpose e.g. on Youtube and use it as a part of freelance work for others.

2 Likes

@RedOctopus
Is there such a rule for exclusive authors policy, can you give a link to this (where is that written)? I have not seen this.
Thanks! :wink:

You can put it on youtube but if you are exclusive, you can’t allow to use it directly from YT, even for non profit.

Question topic: Using music as free for non-commercial use. That is, the client downloads for free (what the author sells here on AJ) for his non-commercial needs (this is a little different). If I understood correctly.

And here it is explained better:

He speaks not for himself, but for customers to download music for free for non-commercial use.

As I said before, this is forbidden :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand that he wants customers to download his music as an exclusive author from a third-party resource. And so, if you distribute (as a preview) for yourself for the purpose of selling here (on AJ), of course it is possible, but only with a watermark (for his video on his YouTube channel or something else) . :wink:

I just wanted to emphasize that there are some other circumstances which allow us to distribute our exclusive tracks outside AJ.

1 Like

All is well! :+1:

About watermarks - we can use unwatermarked versions for our promo and it is not said that it has to be AJ related promo. Though as said no one can use them for free besides us.

He specifically said about his tracks that are there on AJ.

" What is exclusivity?

As an author on Envato, you have the choice to offer your items on an exclusive or non-exclusive basis with Envato. If you choose to offer your items on an exclusive basis, then you’ll benefit from lower author fees, but this means you cannot sell, distribute, or even give away for free your items (or any related items ) outside of Envato. This includes on your own website."

It says about even “your” website, not counting other sites (by default).

You can’t even on “your” web site, which means that you can’t not on other web sites (without watermark).

But you can promote yourself even on your website without a watermark. And as I said it’s kind of offtopic to asked question.

1 Like