Are we allowed to do so? (got reply from Support)

Hi everyone!

Are we allowed to do the following?

Upload unwatermaked track to Youtube, and write something like that in the description: “you can use this track for free in non-monetized and not commercial videos on youtube. you only need to credit us. for commercial use please purchase the license”

I’ve seen some exclusive audiojungle authors are doing this, will not mention any names of course.

So I would like to ask you is it allowed or prohibed to do so?

I’ve read this topic, but still not sure about exactly this case.

Thank you all! @KingDog @scottwills your replies would really help here! :blush:

2 Likes

I’m 99% sure that such a thing is not allowed…
The left 1% still needs staffs confirmation :stuck_out_tongue:

Long time ago I saw the same on youtube and I ask to support if we are allowed to do that. This was the answer:

Thank you for contacting Envato Market Help. It’s my pleasure to assist you today!

This is not an exclusivity violation as the policy only applies to how the item is sold, which when an author is exclusive, they are only able to sell tracks offered on our Markets here only.

And remember, if you upload any track to Adrev, this is gonna be available in the youtube library for free, for anyone and for non-monetized videos.

2 Likes

Thank you for reply!

Did you asked support “are we allowed to upload unwatermarked tracks on youtube?” or “are we allowed to give our exclusive tracks away for free to non-monetized videos?”.

I know that we are allowed to do the first thing, but not sure about the second.

Looks like this article says we cannot: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821340-Can-I-offer-my-items-for-free-on-a-promotional-basis-

I will be happy to know that we actually can!

If we allowed to give our exclusive tracks away for free to non-monetized videos on youtube.

And as I said before, once an author upload a track to Adrev, this is gonna be available free for anyone in the audio youtube library. (For non-monetized videos)

1 Like

Great, thank you !

Could you also please explain about Adrev. Do you mean that when we upload at Adrev, that track appears in Youtube’s own music library for free usage?

Free usages in Non-monetized videos. Alumo talk about that here: How do they remove Audio Jungle Watermark????

1 Like

Thought I’d better reiterate, but tracks uploaded to AdRev can be accessed via YouTube AudioSwap program, which is not related to the YouTube Audio Library - they are two different systems with different purposes, so it’s important that we understand this.

AudioSwap is only available via a user’s channel video editor and the audio cannot be downloaded to a user’s computer or device. It’s just used to literally change the music on their video. The interface looks like this:

Whereas, the YouTube Audio Library’s tracks can be downloaded to a user’s computers or devices and can be used pretty much used freely in any application they so wish (provided an attribution is given in some cases). This interface looks like this (notice the download arrow icons):

2 Likes

Oh now I got it! Thank’s for explanation.

Now I tried to search our tracks in Youtube audio library, and yes, all our Adrev registered tracks are there.

Hey Matt, thank you very much for clarification!

1 Like

You mean AudioSwap not YouTube Audio Library right?

Yes, exactly :blush:

1 Like

So it turns out that we are completely okay with Aj terms if we will allow our exclusive AJ music to be used in non-monetized youtube videos, right? :blush:

Yes (although it could be considered a very fine line) this is accepted by Envato, as the music isn’t being Licensed or promoted in a Licensing scenario.

Our AdRev registered music is being kept within YouTube’s perimeters - not available for download or additional uses and users who were looking to change out the music to ad-supported music (which ours is) were clearly not in the market for purchasing a License in the first place.

Here’s the thing; it’s important to remember is that one should not openly advertise that Licensable, exclusive AJ music is available via AudioSwap and can be used in a situation where a License could otherwise be purchased.

Doing so on those items would potentially be in breach of Envato’s terms - and at the same time p1ss off a LOT of authors (especially non AdRev registered ones) who work hard to provide music exclusively for this marketplace, relying on License sales alone.

Bottom line: don’t openly promote Exclusive AJ music as being made available in AudioSwap for free. That would not be cool! :no_entry_sign:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for detailed explanation Matt :blush:

But one thing is still not clear to me. Can I write this in Youtube description? “You can use this track for free in non-monetized youtube videos?” :smile:

I’m not saying in description that track is available in Audioswap, yet I’m saying that it can be used for free in non-monetized videos. I would like to find the truth, because don’t want our account to be deleted.

On Exclusive AJ items - this really shouldn’t be mentioned. Just a link back to the item on AJ for licensing, as we don’t want to put any ideas into people’s heads :wink: We still need to make the world know that Licensing music is the way to go and Licenses can be used to clear copyright claims.

In my descriptions I put a link to where the user can both purchase a License and clear any copyright claims via the AdRev claim clearance page.

If users ever ask “can I use this music on non-monetized videos?” in the comments, these days I don’t tend to respond (as there are quite a lot of these!) or I just say “please read the description”. I only respond to messages or comments which have specifically asked about Licensing my music for their videos. It’s just good business practice this way, and drills home a message to anyone reading the comments - “buying a License is the correct thing to do”.

1 Like

Very interesting approach Matt!

But you are a non-exclusive author, why don’t you want to get some traffic from non-monetized videos using your music? (Of course, if they credit you)

Regarding my original question, everything is not clear. You say that for exclusive author it is a bad idea to say such a things in the description. E-soundtrax says that Support told him it is fine to do so…

Where can I find a final answer? :smile:

Staff reply would really make sense in this situation…

Again, it’s a fine line and has to be approached with common sense. Why promote my music openly for free when I can convert many of these customers into more lucrative License sales? It also puts me into direct dialogue with them and they often come back to license more from me as they feel I’m a trustworthy source of Music Licenses.

Even though technically Envato may be fine with this, personally, I see it as openly preventing a license sale on an exclusive AJ item (which I’m pretty sure would be viewed as breaching terms), so we need some clarification on that from Envato.

As I said before long time ago I get in touch with support asking about that. Here´s my original mail for support:

Hi, I have seen some exclusive audiojungle author on youtube who are

authorizing uses of their music for non-comercial/non-monetized
projects on youtube because they have their music fingerprinted with
adrev, and so they make some money from adrev… ¿Is that allowed for
exclusive authors?

And here´s the anwer from support:

Thank you for contacting Envato Market Help. It’s my pleasure to assist you today!
This is not an exclusivity violation as the policy only applies to how the item is sold, which when an author is exclusive, they are only able to sell tracks offered on our Markets here only.

anyway, it would not hurt an official response from the moderators in this thread. :smile:

I have to think about it, sounds pretty good!

Thank you for posting this! Maybe person from support misunderstood your question or something else. Or it really allowed!

My head is going to explode :smiley:

Envato Official Staff, please, stop this suffering! Let us know is it allowed for exclusive author registered in Adrev to say this in the youtube description?
“you can use this track for free in non-monetized and not commercial videos on youtube. you only need to credit us. for commercial use please purchase the license”

@collis @KingDog @scottwills pleeease! :blush:

2 Likes

Heya guys. Best to ask the Help Team as they’re the experts in licensing etc. I’m only the expert in animated gifs.

8 Likes