AE cc 2014 to cc to cs6 to cs5,5.....

Hey, I’ve built all my project with cc 2014 (about 2 months of work) and then envato told me that :
"We’re very sorry but we just realized this project is built within After Effects CC 2014, and unfortunately at this time we’re not yet accepting that version number. Please either convert this to open in the previous version (just AE CC) or wait until we begin accepting CC 2014 versions in the near future."
So i’ve installed ae cc demo, but i have this error message when i’m trying to open the file saying "After effects (errror): The file that you are trying to open has been created with After effects 13.0 (windows 64) and cannot be opened with the actual version, More update details at blablabla…"
Be the way, my cc2014 version is in english and the cc version is in french.

Didn’t tried the new version but should be possible to save to CC from CC 2014.

Software language is not important if you don’t have expressions in your project, but if you have expression then you need to run this script: http://aescripts.com/expressionuniversalizer/ to prevent compatibility problems. Running this script before uploading the project is recommended by videohive and will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

Videohive doesn’t support the latest version of After Effect as soon as they show up on market, it may take months. Designing for latest version is not a good idea if you are not using features that are present only in the recent version. Not everyone have the latest version. One of my recent project uses light features introduced in CS 5.5. I was contacted and asked if I can provide a version for CS5 but unfortunately this is not possible. So people still use versions from yeas ago.

doru said

Didn’t tried the new version but should be possible to save to CC from CC 2014.

Software language is not important if you don’t have expressions in your project, but if you have expression then you need to run this script: http://aescripts.com/expressionuniversalizer/ to prevent compatibility problems. Running this script before uploading the project is recommended by videohive and will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

Videohive doesn’t support the latest version of After Effect as soon as they show up on market, it may take months. Designing for latest version is not a good idea if you are not using features that are present only in the recent version. Not everyone have the latest version. One of my recent project uses light features introduced in CS 5.5. I was contacted and asked if I can provide a version for CS5 but unfortunately this is not possible. So people still use versions from yeas ago.

Yes, contains hundreads of expressions but it’s only shape layers

So, does someone could help me about the error message ? ?
Thanks

You’ll need these 2 scripts:

http://aescripts.com/pt_opensesame/ < saves it as a .tsv in Adobe AE CC then in CS5 for example you can use the script to import that same .tsv and you can now save the project as a CS5 version. Not everything thing will work great but about 90%-95% will be converted. Gradients and other transparency using effects and Cycore(CC) effects can give errors.

http://aescripts.com/expressionuniversalizer/ to prepare your .aep or all languages.

File -> Save As… -> Save a Copy As CC

Could you please explain further in details ?
Thanks

Could you please explain further in details ?
Thanks

open the project in ae cc 2014

go to file>save as>save a copy as cc
It will direct you save your project in CC

Okay, thanks a lot

doru said

Designing for latest version is not a good idea if you are not using features that are present only in the recent version. Not everyone have the latest version.

The whole point of CC is that everyone has the latest version as soon as it’s available.

Since CC, it’s not so much about having After Effects version whatever, so much as having After Effects.

In light of that, it would seem a very good idea for Videohive to not confuse buyers by having CC 2014 / 2015 etc. but just having CC.

felt_tips said

The whole point of CC is that everyone has the latest version as soon as it’s available.

Yes I know, but videohive is slow in letting authors upload projects for the latest version as soon as the new version is released on sale.