Adwords for ThemeForest items.

I was thinking to start an ad campaign for one of my item. In the process of researching I came across a thread on old envato forums where one of the envato staff member stated following:

Also to note, we’re bidding on keywords associated with marketplace items in almost all countries/languages, and AdWords only shows a single ad per landing page domain. So, if you’re advertising themeforest.net/youritem you’ll be competing with our ad that sends traffic to themeforest.net , and chances are, we’ll be bidding more than you, so your add won’t show.

Does it mean I should not use my themeforest item URL as destination URL on adwords ad instead I must create a landing page on my own server and should use that landing page URL for the ad destination?

I’ve another question, advertisers cannot use the word “WordPress” in their ad copy as specified in wordpress trademark policy here: http://wordpressfoundation.org/trademark-policy/

We do not allow the use of the trademark in advertising, including AdSense/AdWords.

Then how Themeforest and some other advertisers are using it in there ads for adwords?