Do you promote your themeforest item with paid advertisement?

Hi Authors,

I want to know, do you promote your item with paid advertisement?

Thanks

Created similar thread time ago:

Nop but have plan to, tough i want to know if tf advertises other items except those most popular 10 or more that i saw on adds? Since i am currently trying to figure out how come a week or two sales go very well then like they hit a stone wall they drop to almost zero. I just can’t figure out what happens, item views are the same, comments are the same ratings did not change so… its a puzzle to me.

No.
I always thought all elite authors promote their themes.

@pixeful you open similar thread at codecanyon. So I missed and it’s not visual at themeforest forum.

@Anps I just figure out some point, may be it’s can help you.

Point 1: If my item is not at popular item page, it’s not mean my item is not good. May be the right buyer for my item is not at themeforest right now.

Point 2: If my item goes to 2nd page, that’s not mean my item sell should be down or my item don’t want to buy the buyers. We know most of people don’t like to go at 2nd page they always find at 1st page.

So we should promote your items. I am working on it from 10 days. I have just figure out every ads network is not good for real time sell. I have tried Facebook and Google Adwords. I got great result from Google Adwords. Facebook Ads is good for personal product (ex. T-Shirt…) but not for this type of products. May be I can’t play well with Facebook Ads, that’s why I am thinking Facebook ads is not good for this type products.

For going with paid advertisement, you should remember if you targeting right people you will get good sell or if you target wrong people you will get 0 sell.

I have some thought about “How to get right people for your theme?”

1. For promoting only your items create your site and describe as much as possible or create product landing page for your item (product landing page is best idea).
  2. Use image ads. By image ads you can show your design at ads. But text ads is not good for theme or template product.
  3. Use CPC method. I don't like the impression method. Because, we charge 1 time for our item, not like per year or per month.
  4. Target right people by Adwords Display Planner.
  5. Describe about your theme as much as possible on ads.
  6. Don't tell any word on your ads which is not related with your theme (ex. if your theme is not get 5 star, don't tell it at your ads).

I am only suggesting to give ads by Google Adwords and only Display Network ads (not search engine ads). “Elite Authors” have a spacial feature access at TF market place for tracking his items.

http://elite.envato.com/ Access to Google Analytics data for traffic to your item pages and profile page.

I hope these information will help you to promote your items.

Thanks

1 Like

I think we need official help from Envato Staff, and they should help us generally how to create right ad.

pixeful said

I think we need official help from Envato Staff, and they should help us generally how to create right ad.

I don’t think they will help us individually. Already they collecting lot of buyers for TF. If you don’t have marketing experience, you can hire some one for this.

1 Like

There is most and helpful marketing fact is which is really around you only. For this now some get good result & some of bad… depends on Adwords setup knowledge…
best of luck… :slight_smile:

We have tried Google adwords for one of our Themes Pro Business and it had moderate success.

On our next theme we are taking Envatoes and other Elite Authors advice, with Niche theme, then you can directly target businesses within your niche theme sector.

I know once you hit a certain level of sales envato will advertise your chosen theme, but you have to test all your different themes with different marketing channels.

We recently launched a multi purpose creative theme and tried adwords and this failed miserably, because you need to see who your competition is. If you pay for ads personally and you are directing potential buyers to Themeforest, they will look at what other themes are available, and if your theme is no competition for the top authors, then you are spending your money on behalf of Themeforest and other Elite Authors.

1 Like

If you plan to pay own money for getting customers, then what sense to sell through third-party ways and share a half of your income with? It’s irrational.

2 Likes
CMSSuperHeroes said

We have tried Google adwords for one of our Themes Pro Business and it had moderate success.

On our next theme we are taking Envatoes and other Elite Authors advice, with Niche theme, then you can directly target businesses within your niche theme sector.

I know once you hit a certain level of sales envato will advertise your chosen theme, but you have to test all your different themes with different marketing channels.

We recently launched a multi purpose creative theme and tried adwords and this failed miserably, because you need to see who your competition is. If you pay for ads personally and you are directing potential buyers to Themeforest, they will look at what other themes are available, and if your theme is no competition for the top authors, then you are spending your money on behalf of Themeforest and other Elite Authors.

I guess there are reasons to go with Adwords. either you are near of Popular stage, or your adwords profit ratio is 25:100 and more…

Thinking same… planning to launch new portal…

thanks

No. We don’t

How can we promote a CodeCanyon php script? We can not try various ways, so i want to know which is the most effective way of promoting a php script or application?
[removed - self promotion]