@pixeful you open similar thread at codecanyon. So I missed and it's not visual at themeforest forum.
@Anps I just figure out some point, may be it's can help you.
Point 1: If my item is not at popular item page, it's not mean my item is not good. May be the right buyer for my item is not at themeforest right now.
Point 2: If my item goes to 2nd page, that's not mean my item sell should be down or my item don't want to buy the buyers. We know most of people don't like to go at 2nd page they always find at 1st page.
So we should promote your items. I am working on it from 10 days. I have just figure out every ads network is not good for real time sell. I have tried Facebook and Google Adwords. I got great result from Google Adwords. Facebook Ads is good for personal product (ex. T-Shirt...) but not for this type of products. May be I can't play well with Facebook Ads, that's why I am thinking Facebook ads is not good for this type products.
For going with paid advertisement, you should remember if you targeting right people you will get good sell or if you target wrong people you will get 0 sell.
I have some thought about "How to get right people for your theme?"
- For promoting only your items create your site and describe as much as possible or create product landing page for your item (product landing page is best idea).
- Use image ads. By image ads you can show your design at ads. But text ads is not good for theme or template product.
- Use CPC method. I don't like the impression method. Because, we charge 1 time for our item, not like per year or per month.
- Target right people by Adwords Display Planner.
- Describe about your theme as much as possible on ads.
- Don't tell any word on your ads which is not related with your theme (ex. if your theme is not get 5 star, don't tell it at your ads).
I am only suggesting to give ads by Google Adwords and only Display Network ads (not search engine ads). "Elite Authors" have a spacial feature access at TF market place for tracking his items.
Access to Google Analytics data for traffic to your item pages and profile page.
I hope these information will help you to promote your items.