Account is Currently Locked

Hello,

My account is currently locked, and I would like to see if someone on this forum could escalate this ticket so we can get a faster resolution. This is an urgent issue and I would like to resolve this as quickly as possible. The request # is 1586519. If that doesn’t work you can try 1598246.

Thanks,
Ethan

Hello!

Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with your account. Please open a Help ticket if you didn’t open already or see this detailed thread on what may be happening. If already opened help ticket then please keep patience support team will check it for you.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. How long does it typically take to get a response for an issue like this?

Thanks,
Ethan

Hi

Support team will reply all open ticket one by one and they will reply your ticket as quickly they can.

Thanks

Can you offer any specifics? I wanted to know how long should I expect to wait (rough estimate) - 1 day, 2 days, 5 days, a week? Please understand I am locked out from accessing products that I paid a lot of money for and are integral to my business. As a result, its disrupting my workflow, schedule and productivity. I agree that you should take security seriously, but was hoping you take the same approach with support. I am eager to get this resolved quickly, but I’m just not getting any support right now and its very frustrating.

First thing in forum we can’t support you when the issue is Account/payment related. Only Envato support team can assit. Actually impossible to say as there is no guaranteed reply time, reply time depends on open ticket volume. So, you have to keep patience. Thanks