⚠️ Locked Envato accounts - read first

Hi Everyone,

As locked account problems have been raised a few times on the forums, we’ve decided to put together this post to help answer some more common questions you might have on when this happens and what you should do to regain access faster.

What to do if you’re directly affected:

We take users security very seriously. This process, although at times frustrating, is in place to protect you. Security precautions are a necessary part of any Marketplace. Periodically (read: really, really rarely), due to many factors beyond our control, we do observe false-positives. When this happens, accounts are reinstated as soon as we’re contacted by the owner.

This is not to say that every post you find in the forums, or have seen in the past, has indeed been a misfire, but in case you’re 100% sure there is no reason to be locked out, it’s a likely cause. Rest assured that we don’t treat this lightly, and by following the exact steps below, you should regain access in no time!

• Get in touch with us ASAP via this link.
  • Be sure to include your Envato Market username, and brief description of what happened before you got locked out (e.g: “I tried to buy this - PayPal transaction went through, now I’m locked out!!!”).
  • Please make sure to select the correct category from the dropdown. We prioritise these tickets accordingly, and this will allow us to do so.

We understand how incredibly frustrating this experience can be, and we will work closely with you to resolve this matter as soon as humanly possible. Following the above steps will not only allow us to react more swiftly, but also to improve this process moving forward. Please check the following, before reaching out:

• Double check your payment method (whether it’s PayPal or credit card, both have different reasons for sending different API responses that may lead to this outcome). Depending on which method you’re currently using, you’ll want to contact them first to make sure it’s not caused by their system to begin with, as this might lead to duplicate behavior, and you being locked out repeatedly even after we’ve already unlocked the account.
  • Please make sure you’re not changing or sharing payment details with other people. This is a safe approach to have in general, but even more so when it’s advice pertaining to online purchases.
  • Please avoid opening PayPal disputes. We have a very clear refund process in place, as outlined here: Can I get a refund? that needs to be respected, due to the digital nature of goods being sold on our Marketplaces. Any dispute will automatically result in locked accounts, and we’ll not be able to assist you, until either the dispute is closed by the user, or resolved by PayPal. This can take much longer than contacting us first.
  • If you have opened up a dispute by the time you’ve read this, please drop us a line via the help form and we’ll guide you from there.
  • If you’re traveling abroad or using a VPN, this may or may not be the cause for a locked account.

While we can appreciate that this system may seem a bit clunky and unnecessary at times, the measure is in place to ensure a smooth daily experience for our community at large.

What to do when you’re not directly affected:

If you’ve come across a forum thread, social media post, graffiti on a wall on your way to work, by someone stating they’ve been locked out from Envato Market:

• Link to this thread - so that more people see it, allowing for a faster resolution.
8 Likes
New Envato account locked
My Account is "Locked Out". Suggestions?
I can't access to my account.
I just paid for a theme didn't received it were told account was locked out
My GraphicRive Account Locked
why my id got locked ?
My account is locked without explanation from Envato
Locked account?
Unable to Login into Account
Locked Out of Account?
Help! error Locked account
Locked out of my Envato account
Cannot login on my profile
Sorry, it looks like you’re currently locked out of your account. Pls help me
Account currently locked
Locked account not fair
My account disappeared.
Sorry, it looks like you’re currently locked out of your account. Please contact Envato Support for more details.
cant log into envato market place
why i am locked out of my account
No body is answering my tickets!!!
Can't login on my newly created author account
Sorry it looks like you're currently locked out of your account
Blocked account
Error in signing in
locked out of my account help please
Why lock me ?
Locked out of my account after purchasing a theme
Worst service online ! i made 2 purchases this past two days and got my account locked with no product and no help
help me !SOS
Why am I locked out of my account? I changed my username and password as I forgot those cerdentials
Why is my account locked!?!?
Please i need to buy hotel and resturant management software now
Account locked after I paid for the theme
Why my account was locked
Locked out help
why the website were blocked by envato
Purchase a theme
I am locked out of my account and I cant pay for items in my cart
My account has been locked without getting notice from Envato
All I wanted to do is purchase a song and I have been locked out of my account.
My account is locked out
My account is locked on codecanyon
I cannot verify a client
Help, Login Issue
Why Account locked
Credit Card Checkout Option for US Buyers
I cannot log in my graphic river account
problem in BETHEME BIOLAB
blocage du compte
compte bloqué
my account locked out and i can't solve that
My account is locked but ı dont know
New Account lock!!
Tried to make purchase and locked out...
What
Paid with Paypal - got locked out
my account is still blocked when will you unlock please
who knows what this message means, blocked my account
Item purchased but not available in "downloads", What do you do to get it updated?
Why My Account Is Locked As Soon As I purchased a theme
Account Disabled and no reply from Evanto
My account was locked after a purchase
My envato account has been locked is there any one can help me out
Why is my account locked!?!?
Account locked ?
Account is Currently Locked
Help! My account is locked!
Envato doesn’t unlock account
After payment, I see a message indicating I am locked out of my account.
It looks like you’re currently locked out of your account.
My account is locked by envato
my acount is locked...
PSA - don't do business with Envato/ThemeForest
Account Locked + paid the theme but can't use it
I got account locked after i purchased travelo theme
My Account is Locke after Request A Refund from Extendons - Woocommerce Direct Checkout, Skip Cart / Checkout on Same Page PLUGIN
Why envato disabled my account without any reason??!!!
My account locked. explain?
Account is locked
Account Locked Out. This is unprofessional.
My account was locked!!!!
Account Locked!!
why my account is blocked?
Locked out of my account..
Locked out of account, support mentioned ask forums
I made a purchase on theme forest and my account is locked after day one.
I am Locked out of my account!
Locked account
Locked Out User Account

Hi,

I am a new customer of Envato. Recently, we got problems with Envato software for our client that cannot be handled. There are simple issues like login problems or display feature lacking. Is there any suggestion for good channels to deal with these?

1 Like

You should contact the author directly through the authors profile page.

1 Like

I’m new here, but is there a reason this is not pinned to the top of the forum page?

I was locked out after my first purchase and was getting ready to issue a dispute notice, but decided to read other posts first. Another curious thing, is I’m not locked out of the forums, only the marketplace.

1 Like

Hi @mmkdaz - that’s a good suggestion :slight_smile: I’ve just pinned it to the top of the Customer Hangout area, and will make sure the links to it are a bit more visible in other topics people are likely to land on from a Google search.

Our forums use the Envato Market SSO to log in, but they run on a different system to the marketplaces. If you’re locked out of Market by one of the security systems, you should still have access to the forumsl

1 Like

In addition to being locked out as I purchased, my password stopped working for the forums and I was forced to make a second account for this. How long does this take to resolve? I need these audio files tomorrow morning, ASAP.

I see a blank web page when I go the link above (“Get in touch with us ASAP via THIS LINK”). I am locked out of the Support section and need help getting in.

Hey @jman652k

Looks like the link was broken. Have amended, and for your records; https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821620-Contact-Us

5 posts were split to a new topic: Replies split from “locked accounts” FAQ thread