9 months, 61 items since my last reject.. until today!

Well I had a good run, but today I got my first reject since February.

Listening back to it, I would say maybe the only thing that doesn’t sit well with me is the snare sound I chose, and maybe it’s too repetitive?

What are your thoughts on it’s rejection?

Hello,
I am listening to your track with consumer telephone headphones that tend to be quite bright… and yet the overall song is a bit “muddy”. I checked some of your others songs in your portfolio and the difference is striking!

So maybe this is why they rejected it, mix not bright enough?

1 Like

I agree that the snare sound isn’t right and the overall rhythmic feel sounds rather leaden to me. I think something lighter and with a less heavy back beat would work better.

I don’t think the reviewers are cutting us much slack in the corporate genre these days!

1 Like

I think the reason is the melody - your track sounds more like a theme song for TV than a typical background cue for me. Moreover, the melody is repetitive and perhaps a tad bit on romantic/idyllic side. And I’d get rid of the snare. But other than that a really nice track!

1 Like

Like @frozenjazz said, sound a little bit muddy.
And by the name “corporate” i feel the song slow, like a low battery walkman.
It sounds like if i try to do a corporate track, something like i want to do it, but don´t reach it. (happen to me a lot :joy::sweat_smile: )

Maybe record an acoustic guitar playing chords and it could fit in Folk/Acoustic as a soft song?

1 Like

Thanks @frozenjazz, @PaulGraves, @Pyjamarama and @Manriquedelara for you feedback! Very interesting points from all of you. Maybe it’s time for me to get a new set of studio monitors…

Oh well, I’ll do what I usually do and bury it in a folder for a few months then come back with fresh ears and maybe make a new track from it!

1 Like

This sentence is totally right.

1 Like

Yup, I agree. I think I rushed it and I paid the price!

Hello there, I think the concept would be great! I am agree with the guys who said that is not like a corporate but what I am waiting for is a big opening when you change the main melody. Maybe the snare also can be changed by the way. My conclusion is to build up the parts like PART A, PART B, PART C with enhancements. Hope will help you my perception! (Gregor)

1 Like

Hey Alister, before you go out and spend a grand or so on some sweet new Genelecs, check out this amazing plugin from Sonarworks, which will transform the frequency response of whatever reference monitors you have currently to be lovely and flat. It works by analysing the sound from your usual listening position and applying an EQ curve to compensate the frequencies that are being artificially coloured by the monitors.

1 Like