5 bucks tracks: Envato, please stop this madness

It’s no secret that many authors reduce the price. The reasons are quite understandable. But with this action they equate their work and the work of other authors with garbage. We all want to make a useful and high-quality product, earning it a living. Every month the competition is getting tougher, the authors are getting bigger, more tracks, more “copiers”, “imitators”, and now also 5 dollar tracks. Are you serious guys? Show a little respect, first of all to yourself! Envato gave us the ability to control the price for their work, but some abuse this opportunity by putting the price at $ 5 per track. Please, Envato, do something about this problem. Such a price reduction is ruining us all. If someone agrees with me, put a “+”. Thanks

18 Likes

This is not the first post on this forum. At the moment, this has come to naught.
In the Russian-speaking community in a social network, where more than 10,000 participants, is also actively discussed. This is the lion’s share of authors on the market. And the authors are unhappy.

2 Likes

I want to believe that this 5 dollar frenzy will end since the authors don’t make money this way. Getting in the top sellers list doesn’t help either.

When you earn dimes why bother? This nonsense will take you nowhere. They’ll see this eventually. If they keep doing this, let them do it. They’ll lose money and dignity.

I, personally try to avoid these genres (mostly corporate and cinematic) for sometime.

We better target the higher profile customers. And i assure you they exist.

7 Likes

+1

what u are pointing out is the very reason i was fighting against self pricing in the very first place … i have to admit that i feel like that this time i was a bit wrong in my fight for authors rights … since guys in gr did not do that stupid dumping thing and the combined actions of the main body of guys have even made that most of teh guys increased prices in the end … but u never know that this is really going to be what happens and temptation maybe veyr high for some guys to lower prices regardless of long term effects … u seem to experience the problem that i was anticipating back then and i am really sorry for all of u guys in AJ …

1 Like

Totally agree. In my opinion, the site is oversaturated with some genres, in a very repetitive way.
let’s go to demonstrate that we can do something actually original, different, explore new branches of music… emulate the aesthetical way of compose from the actual great composers! Chopin? a nice background piano! try to work in it! classical forms for stylish topics? work harder to get it!
It’s just my opinion, we can do unique things, not looking those “repetitives” , but looking, exploring and learning from the real “good” references.

3 Likes

+1

Sorry to be “that guy” but they’re never going to put a stop to $5 tracks. As they interpret the law (which is completely questionable IMHO), setting a minimum price is prohibited and therefore a violation of some sort.

This has been covered at length in previous threads.

BUT:
Price dumping should NOT be rewarded with top sellers chart placement. Top sellers should be based on revenue only.

21 Likes

+1

13 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

You can’t sop this everybody is free to set thier own prices and it is how it should be.

Things are getting harder though I agree.

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

+1

+1, agreed.

+1

+1

Alternatively top sellers should be based on a mix between sales number and revenue.

Another thing to consider, which I have seen on another stock site:
Don’t sort low-high, but instead for example “Price $20 and down” and “Price $20 and up”. This way not all the $5 tracks steals the visibility in the low budget area, but are spread out amongst more normal priced tracks. Which again results in much less reason to price dump.

2 Likes