This year we’re running two Halloween contests at once, giving you a chance to win the highly sought-after Hallowinner badge on Envato Market. Read on for more details on how to enter…
Category 1: Halloween costume photos
Halloween will be a bit different this year for many of us, with so much of the world affected by restrictions to movement and social distancing considerations. That won’t stop us from embracing the season online, though!
- Enter by submitting a photo of yourself in a Halloween-related costume.
- The theme is up to you, so you can make it as serious or funny as you like.
- You must be in the photo, but your photo can also include friends or family if you like - we love getting to see more of our community members, and previous years have had some great family trick-or-treat pictures.
- If your costume involves particularly gruesome horror effects, please consider posting your entry with
[spoiler]Spoiler tags[/spoiler]- some of us read these forums while eating
- Enter as many times as you like
Category 2: #MadeWithEnvato gets spooooooky…
This is a new category, inspired by some entries from previous years. It’s a creative challenge using items from our sites - Halloween projects made with Envato items.
- Make something Halloween-related, using at least one item from Envato Market or Envato Elements.
- For the theme, anything goes! You could add creepy effects to a photo using a Photoshop Action, add some eerie visual effects or music to a video, build a spooky website or a truly terrifying 404 page…
- Enter by posting your work in this thread.
- If your entry links to the full project somewhere else on the internet (video, soundcloud audio, websites, etc) please add something to your post so our judges know what they are clicking through to.
- Make sure to list the items used in your creation!
Two runners-up from each Halloween Contest category will also be sent a 2020 Envato Community T-shirt.
Closing date: November 1
We’ll be closing this at midnight on Tuesday, November 3rd (Australian Eastern Daylight Time; GMT +11). That will make sure that everyone has a chance to wrap up Halloween in their part of the world, for those taking photos on the day itself. Our panel of judges will be announcing the winners in this thread after that - we’re aiming to have these ready by Friday 13th.
That’s all from me - good luck with your entries! Please post in this thread if you have any questions