Hello, colleges! Today i want to share some of my latest 7-month expierence with you and trying to analyze it a bit.
Introductory information :
- Here is my portfolio we will talk about
- I’m guitarist.
- I had no expierence (and never tried) on mixing/mastering and arranging the songs.
- My 1st uploaded track on AJ - is my first ever written and produced royalty free music track. It’s not the best sounding, i know =)
For the last 7 month I tried to upload my tracks to audiojungle market. For now I have 7 items (6 tracks and 1 pack) with 10 sales. I understand that uploading 1 item in a month is really not close enough to have serious sales. But for now that is just how much I can produce in a month, because I can’t do this as a full-time job. And every track takes a lot of time for me. But some analytics still confuses me.
Let’s take a closer look to my latest track:
Firsty I need to mention, that item was approved on the 11th of June with name “Stomp Clap Rock”. As you can see on screenshot, I had only 15 pageviews from 11 to 15 of June when the track was on a top position in a search. At the 16th of June i renamed the item to “Energetic Indie Rock” and had a boost on this day up to 8 pageviews and after that maximum 1 pageview in a day. So I had 15 pageviews in 4 days with first name and 16 pageviews in 2 weeks with the second name. My thought was that “indie rock” is a most powerful inquiry in rock category, so track will have more pageviews and apportunities to sell. Quite didn’t work …
Also i need to mention, that i promote my tracks in a several additional ways, where i have a referal links.
1. My Instagram profile with 7k subs (but not really targeted to royaty free music) where I made a post with this track and it has 500 views, 210 likes and was bookmarked 12 times. (without a screenshot, sorry, cause I have an app in russian)
2. YouTube channel with around 600 subs (but not realy targeted too) where I posted a promo-video with this track. It have 190 views for now, but we need to focus on certain statistics here:
That means, that at least 27% of views are organic views from people interested in royalte free music.
3. Soundcloud account. I have 3 plays for this particular song and below you can see all my tracks plays.
All this information, especially from soundcloud makes next picture more interesting. That’s amazing, that 3 soundcloud plays gave me 2 referal pageviews!
I understand, that I don’t promote my tracks on this platforms like a real certain product and it’s very random chance to meet someone who need a royalty music track right here right now. But will it worth it if I will do this?
I really believe that the track above is not the worst one and can get any sales, but I have a strong feeling that I name my tracks not properly. If you have a good product and people don’t buy it, that means that may be you are showing it to wrong people. But how to find where the right people are?
All of my tracks had the same problem, i guess. I know that a lot of authors are solving this problem by writing as much tracks as possible. But I believe that it might be a marketing problem as well. For me every track is an amount of time, so would be great to have some feedback to stay motivated for future works. When I’m trying to overthink this, how it’s complicated and incomprehensible i just want to lie down on the floor and cry (it’s a joke, relax friends)
I will keep going on AJ and now I’m waiting my first corporate track for approval. I understand, that my production is far from the best as much as my tracks might be, i’ve just started anyway.
That was just my mediate analysis and an attempt to understand how everything is going on a market.
Thanks to everyone who read this article and will reply on this theme, any thoughts are helpful!