Yamaha HS8 or Genelec 8020 DPM???

Yeah i have already found a bundle on Thomann :smile:

2 Likes

I think you can find them a little more cheap.

For example; Spanish store.

1 Like

I have to go out now to my orchand.
But if you want, or need, iĀ“ll help you this afternoon to find or try to.

Haha! Thanks friend!

1 Like

Did you buy them, finally?

If i tell you that i got the Genelec, will you still be my friend? I heard them in a friendā€™s house and i LOVED themā€¦ :pensive::scream:

1 Like

HAHahahaahah :rofl::rofl:
DonĀ“t worry, bro!
Nice choose, by the way.
If you heard them and like them, who am i to tell you what to do?! :grinning:

Hahaha! You are the best bro!

1 Like

I prefer to be Elite Author. :rofl::joy::joy:

Then you are the best ā€œgoing to be elite authorā€ bro! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just for this track, you deserve more than me.
I really love it.

2 Likes

We all deserve thisā€¦ Everyone who loves making good music!:wink: Thank you for your support bro!

1 Like

Take me with you, Iā€™ll tell you both about monitors :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yamaha HS8 . sounds pretty true. install them horizontally, tweeters to the outside.

1 Like

Do you use them horizontally @EvgenM ? I thought I read somewhere that they are intended to be used vertically. I agree they sound pretty true.

2 Likes

Manual states to install them vertically, horizontally will actually blur the stereo image a lot (I know because I had them horizontal for awhile cause it looked cooler ha ha)

3 Likes

Hi! I had HS80M (old version) / At the moment HS8 Excellent monitors. I am completely satisfied. But in general it is better to listen and compare what sound you like moreā€¦

1 Like

Genelec is rock solid and reliable. I have 8030 BPM and couldnā€™t be happier. There is a reason why all the studios have them. If not as main monitors then as a second set of reference. Just be aware that you are going to need subwoofer with 8020ā€¦even with 8030 you need one. But as there is no hyped low end, what you achieve on genelecs,is what you going to get.Stereo positionings, depth of field and frequency relations - no nonsense.

1 Like

Always go with vertical positioning, unless stated differently in manual. Going horizontal messes up the stereo image.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply mate! I got the genelec and i am very pleased! Just need some time to learn them :wink:

1 Like