WP Theme Hard Rejected - Please Help With Feedback

Hello,

My WordPress theme was rejected today. Should I insist on improving the design or should I scratch this one and start anew?
Here are the 2 theme demos:
http://subscriptionbox.mediumred.com/sbwomen/
https://subscriptionbox.mediumred.com/sbm/

Thanks!
Best,
Gabriela

Hello MediumRed,

In general, your product doesn’t look premium and is a bit off the standards of themeforest.

I took a quick look at both your previews and managed to highlight a couple issues with your product:

1. Huge alignment issues
  2. Spacing between section is inconsistent
  3. Typographic hierarchy issues
  4. Color contrast is off in most of your sections
  5. The red to black gradient in text and icons look outdated
  6. Some sections are broken like the pricing section in the first demo
  7. Menu is broken (If you hover just under the submenu in your 2nd demo, I can still open the submenu)
  8. Font size is too small in some sections and is inconsistent across the product.
  9. Some features are not working like countdowns.
  10. Some elements are missing their hover effects.

And those are just a few of many. Don’t get demotivated though, we’ve all been there, and I’ve been in your shoes not so long ago.

As a suggestion, I recommend you practice a bit more on your design, start by developing HTML templates rather than WordPress. Master that, and then start working on your WordPress development, as WordPress takes a lot more time to get right.

Look at what other authors are doing, what categories are in demand in this time of year, and take it from there.

Hi AndroThemes,

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this :slight_smile: I’m afraid both you and the reviewer are right, I see it now. Sometimes, when you’re in the middle of functions and filters and bugs, you don’t see the most obvious design things!

Best,
Gabriela

1 Like

Hello,
Actually you don’t understand the market Design. Please compare your product with the newest items approved in the marketplace then you itself reject your own item. I hope you will understand the market trends.

I can tell you a simple way to get accept is that your product should beat the newest product approved in the marketplace in terms of design.

Themeforest requires the design not your coding. if you fail in terms of design They will hard reject you. if you fail in the terms of coding they will soft reject you

I hope you will understand the marketplace :+1::+1::+1:

If you find this thread useful please mark this as solution :blush:

No offence Kindest Regards
Ahshan

No offence taken Ahshan, thanks for taking the time to respond! I’m going to improve my design and then try again. It’s a growth opportunity for me as a designer. Do you want to know from where I started from? :)))) I’m almost ashamed to show you, but here: http://subscriptionbox.supportyourwp.com/
This was submitted in September, naturally rejected. I improved the design as seen in the first links above and tried again. Naturally rejected. But as I said, it’s a growth opportunity, not an attack on me, so I’m going to use it to improve and submit a third time

1 Like

Great, Keep Rocking :fire:

1 Like

Where can I ask questions on ThemeForest?