Why was my item hard rejected?

Hello!

I’m an artist and I draw paintings. I uploaded an adopted version of my painting to the “background” category and it was hard rejected for quality reasons. Here’s what Envato wrote to me:

After completing our review, we’ve determined that ‘Original Abstract Background’ isn’t at the quality standard needed to continue forward with the review process on GraphicRiver. As the submission is too far off the standards we require, you’ll be unable to re-submit on this occasion.

Please, tell me why exactly was it rejected, what items do Graphic River need and will I be able to sell this kind of content and what should I improve to make my works appropriate for selling on Envato?

Thanks!

I’m newbie here but my best guess is that they prefer seamless background templates in case of abstract ornaments?

2 Likes

in my opinion art is not subject to evaluation only criticism. They should accept the job, and the sales will verified it.(of course without this blue top and bottom :wink: )

1 Like

i see u are probably right

1 Like

i think that sometimes supposed commercial value is much taken into account when basically no one is really sure of what is going to be sold …

1 Like

hi, for me this is nice, however, here they are looking for modern styles mainly and what u have uploaded looks a bit more classical style in a way , so that maybe an issue of “taste” or supposed commercial value or ability for them to get to know they will have sales resulting fron putting your item on sale in GR … what they are probably not sure, but anyway sales are unpredictable in all cases and i am not sure that anyone has any idea of what is really working well …

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your answers, I was waiting for these kind of suggestions, I just wanted to make sure I’m right. I’ll try to transfer these works into computer graphics and will see what happens.