Why my WP blog theme hard rejected?

Hi,

I uploaded a new WP blog theme 2 days before. And, it’s hard rejected by the following message from the reviewer:

Unfortunately, WordPress has higher standards in terms of aesthetics.
Your design has an interesting starting concept, but it needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details.
As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.
While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.
Here are some resources for you:

Can you help me to solve my theme issue and publish it again?

My demo url: http://www.athenadesignstudio.com/themes/elyasa-wp/

it is a hard rejected or soft rejected?

It’s hard rejected. I think, I’ll change header, slider and footer design and re-submit it after doing major changes.

But, it could be soft rejected to allow some changes. As I understood from my last 2 WP submissions, design is more important from coding style.

1 Like

If SOFT REJECTED you need edit and resubmit again.
If HARD REJECTED you don’t can resubmit again.

I want to know why it is rejected and solve it.

I read the hard rejection topic in help center. It is written that if you make major changes that makes the a new look, you can resubmit it.

1 Like

you are wrong because if hard rejected not can re-submit again, I already read e-mail.
soft rejected can edit template and resubmit again final approved it.

I will prepare a fresh design and change the name of theme.

But, the main issue is that why Envato stuff hard rejected it. I saw a few blog theme before I start doing my WP blog theme like that.

1 Like

Yes, you can it, but not same blog that before hard rejected because if reviewer will hard rejected again, can make other blog new, good luck, regards.

You can read the topic:

“If your item has been Hard Rejected, it cannot be re-submitted without first making a significant number of changes.”

So, if I change most of theme, I can resubmit for approval.

1 Like

I understand sorry but I never make it regards.

your layout looks kind of basic, same old boring buttons, icons, images…i would suggest to add more white space to design and experiment with layout elements because it’s very basic-simple-boring

1 Like

Thanks for your valuable comment! I’ll change theme design & code fully.