Why my wordpress plugin was rejected(Hard)?

I’ve created a WordPress plugin which users can log in with a Google account(Oauth with Google).
I just got this email from Envato.

" Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Google Social Login for WordPress and WooCommerce” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements. Here’s our advice:

Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.

Check out this Help Center article to understand why and how items get rejected."

Can I know why my plugin was rejected?

Thanks!

Have you got a demo link?

Is it just google or social too?

It’s just the login with a google account.

DEMO:

I’m not sure calling it “Google Social Login" if it is not full social login is a good idea

I would imagine that you would do much better if you add true social login and not only google

Ok. So I think Google Oauth login might be suitable name. I wonder the name is the reason for hard reject the plugin?In the review feedback , it was stated " we found it isn’t at the quality standard ". Can I know what are those standards that I have not able to satisfy in my plugin?

Hi,

Generally hard reject means product and code are not good enough in their view.

In terms of code, the requirements are very clear, here: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000510603-WordPress-Plugin-Requirements

I see you already have 2 plugins, so possibly your code is fine.

I think the Envato team must also make a judgement if a plugin is original enough, new enough, brings something new so that it can add something to the marketplace.

Possibly they accepted your twitch and Spotify plugins since those are not that ubiquitous. But Google login has been done 1000+ times so that may have been a factor in the rejection.

1 Like

@ WebWizardsDev
Now I got the idea. Thank you for your explanation.

1 Like

Hi, Generally hard reject means product and code are not good enough in their view. I see you already have 2 plugins , so possibly your code is fine. I think the Envato team must also make a judgement if a plugin is original enough, new enough, brings something new so that it can add something to the marketplace.

1 Like

@10bestgloves Thank You!