What should i change?

Hi! I tried to compose short music for logo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMYPHLz-TUQ&feature=youtu.be Envato rejected it, as i expected.

" Unfortunately, this submission doesn’t meet AudioJungle’s commercial quality guidelines overall, and can’t be accepted.

Audio must be fully composed, arranged, mixed and/or mastered to a commercial standard, and have reasonable potential utility to our commercial buyers, for their varied projects. Ideal audio submissions should demonstrate the ability to support multiple visual works in general. A higher degree of general commercial viability would therefore be required.

Please consider viewing our Top Sellers page to get a good sense of the commercial quality of popular files:

http://audiojungle.net/page/top_sellers

If you wish to resubmit more content, please review the engineering and composition and make improvements to a commercial standard before attempting to upload again."

I never did it before for audiojungle. Please give me some advice for the future, what should i change, what to avoid while composing?

Guys, i really need some advice from somebody who compose for videohive :disappointed:

Hi CartoonLab. A couple of things for you from my perspective. My understanding is that AJ is not so receptive to single instrument tracks these days - unless they are outstandingly performed and produced. Your piano sound is “raw” with some kind of slight echo/delay effect added - I don’t think this is a typical sound that will sell. Also, there is no reverb effect that gives the piano life or presence in your track. Also, it doesn’t sound like you are using a sustain pedal which is necessary to glue the notes together for flow.

My suggestion is to work on improving the piano playing (give it more life and sense of anticipation) and piano sound (ambiance, presence, stereo width, etc) as well as add some other instrument(s) to enhance it and give it more life. A music logo has to instantly grab the audience attention in support of the visual presentation. Think of building up anticipation and resolving to conclusion. Keep that in mind as you create it. Keep working on it. It isn’t as easy as some would think. I hope this helps. Good luck in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with MidnightSnap, CartoonLab - you’re onto something, but adding some emotion to the way the piano is played would be good.

Also, adding some other pad sounds, swells, drop-type percussion sounds, or something that makes this track less of a “sound” (according to AJ) and more of a “logo-ident”. I submitted a handful of logo-idents but was told they worked better as sounds. I added some stuff to them, and they were then received as logo-idents.

Keep up the good work - it’s all about learning and not giving up. You got it!

2 Likes

Thank you so muchfor advices ! I will try to do it better :slight_smile:

You need to mix your piano sound better (it very raw). Also I think it better to add some instruments to arrangement. If you want to create minimalistic logo you can add some instruments not very loud. Hope it help you! Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for advices! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome!