Watermark...?

Recently I’ve had a clip rejected and the moderator’s comment was :

Please be aware we have updated our watermarks. You can find the new Envato watermark on the help center here. This means that all new item submissions and resubmissions from the the 14th of Marchonwards will need to use the new watermark in the preview. Items submitted using the old watermark, may be rejected.

Since the new upload system, there’s no need for video preview anymore so what with the watermark warning…?

Reviving this thread as I need similar clarification - I ‘think’ the situation is, for motion graphics files, that if you use the new upload system, then the system adds a watermark for you. But if you get a soft rejection and have to make some changes and resubmit your file, then you need to manually add a watermark.

This is what I had to do recently and there was a lot of back and forth, resubmitting because I wasn’t aware that you had to do this and there doesn’t seem to be any documentation about it. I think this needs to be made a lot clearer.

If anyone, ideally a moderator, could clarify if this is correct, I’d really appreciate it as it would save me and the reviewer a lot of time.