Unable to update bundled plugins that come with theme.

Hey guys I need some help with something. (If this isn’t the right place for me to post this question, please let me know and I will move it to the right place.)

Anyway. I am working on a project that is using a wordpress theme (bought through themeforest). And I recently updated my theme through ftp (as recommended by the theme author). I am using a child theme for all modifications, so I simply replaced the entire theme folder with the ‘updated theme folder’. This seemed to work fine. However, the only thing that is not working right now is the updating of the plugins that come with the theme. I should be able to update them through ‘appearance -> install plugins’ but I am unable to do so. As a matter of fact the entire ‘install plugins’ page is not visible when all plugins are activated. It only becomes visible when I disable one of the plugins. However, even when it is visible it never gives me the option to update plugins. Despite the new versions of the plugins being included in the theme update.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here and what some possible fixes are?

Please let me know if there is anything I have to clarify.

Thanks!

Hello @Marnixhoh

Welcome to the forums! Some plugins may ask for a purchase code for registration/activation once installed, however, you can simply ignore these messages as bundled plugins do not require activation or registration. The plugin will still work as intended with the theme once the theme has been activated/registered.

When a plugin is updated, the theme author will include the latest version of the bundled plugin with their next theme update. So you can easily update the bundled plugin when you next update your theme.

Thanks!